Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 02:55 PM

1,744 posts, read 7,258,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
Iis obviously an attractive female (or male) that is scantily clad and you are making an honest effort not to look at them only to be "forced" to look? !!

There's a Mexican woman in her 30's or so who comes to my gym wearing very tight clothes and used to occasionally wear a tight white shirt that somehow left nothing to the imagination if you looked for longer than a second. She usually comes with her kids and husband, so I doubt she's really looking for that kind of attention. Anyway, she does have a nice body and she's caught me looking a few times.

One time the preacher curl thing was facing the decline bench. She was on the decline bench doing something or other and I went to do preacher curls. She was wearing short shorts. I didn't think it would be right to look, so I tried looking straight down or sideways to check out my SICK PYTHONS in the mirror. I couldn't help but to look up. When she realized I was there, she gave me a slight dirty/uncomfortable look and then placed her towel on her lap and went back about her business. Ice burn!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2008, 03:26 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,161,317 times
lemme tell you guys it's not our fault.....ya'll have no idea how uncomfortable it is to be wearing sweats and t-shirts....it's much more comfortable to wear a sports bra and tight shorts......plus the attention is kinda cool, depending on who it's from

Old 08-18-2008, 03:33 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
lemme tell you guys it's not our fault.....ya'll have no idea how uncomfortable it is to be wearing sweats and t-shirts....it's much more comfortable to wear a sports bra and tight shorts......plus the attention is kinda cool, depending on who it's from
You are so right. Most of the women I know at my gym they wear tight fitting clothes because it makes it easier for them to see their bodies (see their results and what they need to work on) and they because they spend so much time to take care of their bodies, they like it when they receive admiration from others. That is, only if its a hot guy. If youre a creepy guy or not a guy they are attracted too, they find it insulting. Crazy women. One of the busiest stores in the local mall is the Bebe Workout store. They have some NIIIIIICE workout attire there and women are like "I want something sexy to wear to the gym" or "I want something really hot to workout in".

If ANY woman is admiring me when Im working out I look take it as a compliment. If its a 50 year old grandma, 25 year old ugly fat chick, or a hot chick, I find it flattering and welcome the attention. I'll never complain.

Old 08-18-2008, 03:44 PM

this is true....I probably have sooo much money invested in workout clothse but it's my hobby....it's what I do, what i'm good at.

Your right though......although, i smile at everyone always smiling....

Old 08-18-2008, 05:12 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
I think it is rude when people leave their stench on the work out machines and tread mills...

Old 08-19-2008, 07:59 AM

1,744 posts, read 7,258,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
If ANY woman is admiring me when Im working out I look take it as a compliment. If its a 50 year old grandma, 25 year old ugly fat chick, or a hot chick, I find it flattering and welcome the attention. I'll never complain.

Agreed. Not like it happens all the time or anything, but when you notice it is a good feeling.

Last night I was in the gym wailing away on various muscle groups and there was a pack of high school kids who came in. They went to the cable leg press machine, pushed it all the way back, set the weight on the highest setting (490) and were able to extend their legs so they thought they were actually lifting 490 pounds... You're supposed to start from further back and use your thighs. One of the kids got a big head and went to the seated leg press with about 300-400lbs loaded on it. He started pushing it and moved it a bit and then another one of his friends told him he had to pull the lever that takes the sled from the resting position. At this point I had stopped what I was doing to watch this. As soon as he pulled that lever, there was a loud crashing noise as it slammed back down towards the kid. There's a safety in place that stops it from going all the way down, so it didn't hit him... But he was as white as a ghost and shaking. It was hilarious.

His friends started to panic and going off about how their was something wrong with the machine since it almost crushed him. I just chuckled to myself and went back to wailing on my various muscle groups. If I would've thought he was going to get hurt I would've stepped in, but I knew he would be fine.

I did think it was funny to see the kid get cocky once he thought he was actually leg pressing 500lbs with ease though....all of his friends were like "Whoa, so and so maxed out on that machine!" but they tried it too and could get it.

Old 08-19-2008, 08:04 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
I don't care for the guys dropping big weights on the floor. If you can't control the free weight, get something smaller.

But my biggest pet peeve are all the people who stack weights on machines, use them, and then leave the machine/bar/bench with all the weight still on it. PICK UP YOUR STUFF AND RERACK IT.

Old 08-19-2008, 08:11 AM

by far my biggest, and maybe only, gym petpieve.....ppl not cleaning the cardio machines when they're done.......they're up there all sweating all over the place....rubing thier noses then putting thier hands back on the handles of the eliptical....sooooooo nasty.

Old 08-19-2008, 08:18 AM

4,264 posts, read 9,275,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I don't care for the guys dropping big weights on the floor. If you can't control the free weight, get something smaller.

But my biggest pet peeve are all the people who stack weights on machines, use them, and then leave the machine/bar/bench with all the weight still on it. PICK UP YOUR STUFF AND RERACK IT.
Thank you, this drives my husband batty. We have one guy in particular at our gym that consistently does this. He is friendly with several people so if he needs to lift that heavy there is always someone who can spot him. Of course he never asks, just keeps dropping them, we do have mats on the floor but you can still hear it, I even hear it with my MP3 going really loud.

Amen to stacking the weights and than walking off and leaving them. It doesn't happen very often at our gym but it does. Very poor gym etiquette.

Old 08-19-2008, 08:26 AM

3,434 posts, read 9,742,037 times
im with you all about dropping weights..it completly irritates the crap out of me. If you cant rack it, dont rep it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness