Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 11:41 PM

9,523 posts, read 16,503,270 times

Advertisements

My pet peeves in the gym is the locker rooms at 24 hour fitness. There is a pool and these guys come in and ring their swim trunks out all over the floor by the lockers. You end up getting changed in a pool of water all over the locker room. The other thing is people that do not put their weights back when finished and leave them on the machine for the next person to remove.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2008, 02:48 AM

3,326 posts, read 5,338,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
I used to belong to Bally's but I got tired of all the women standing around looking at my butt. I AM NOT A PIECE OF MEAT!!

lol good for you

Old 07-18-2008, 02:54 AM

I am off from work today got back from the gym an hour ago I go to "Porkys" as only gym open 24 hours in my area maybe in South Florida plus love the name lol.

I go at off hours as its empty and its safe you dont have to worry about a 16 yr old kids or groups of them dropping weights on the floor and breaking you foot lol granted they are now in parking lot burning rubber with huge clouds of smoke .

Old 07-18-2008, 10:06 AM

13,003 posts, read 1,019,394 times
Default Jerks?

I am at a gym that I love, but one of the trainers in an a&&. She talks about everyone and thinks her s&(* does not stink. At least eight members have asked for her to be left go. She is like the queen of mean. How would you handle it?

Old 07-18-2008, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gym rat View Post
I am at a gym that I love, but one of the trainers in an a&&. She talks about everyone and thinks her s&(* does not stink. At least eight members have asked for her to be left go. She is like the queen of mean. How would you handle it?

You work there or only go to workout?

If you only go to workout IMO I would ignore it as it has no bearing on your life.
If she saids anything about you its out of jealousy and who cares you have nothing to do with her . She has problems there are guys same way sad bunch who feel they must comment on everyone .
They do it to feel better about themselves they have some type void .

If you work there and it bothers you than going to the MNGR even contacting the GYM owner be it corporate or Individual is something you could do.

Old 07-18-2008, 04:01 PM

622 posts, read 3,112,427 times
I confess to be a grunter, BUT I workout at home in my basement, so nobody can complain about it. I'm sure if I were at a gym, I'd tone it down. Quite frankly, the grunting helps me get psyched up to lift the heavier weights. It makes my adrenaline flow I guess.

I think the super loud music I play might drown some of it out though. ha!

I miss commercial gyms sometimes. Nothing to look at in my basement.

Old 07-18-2008, 05:46 PM

13,003 posts, read 1,019,394 times
Talking Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
You work there or only go to workout?

If you only go to workout IMO I would ignore it as it has no bearing on your life.
If she saids anything about you its out of jealousy and who cares you have nothing to do with her . She has problems there are guys same way sad bunch who feel they must comment on everyone .
They do it to feel better about themselves they have some type void .

If you work there and it bothers you than going to the MNGR even contacting the GYM owner be it corporate or Individual is something you could do.
I workout there 5 times a week for 2 hours. When she walks in the tension can be cut by a knife. But I will take your advice and just act like she does not exist. I think part of it is she is yoga and body shaping. I on the other hand am one of a few females that are into bodybuilding. I am a mother of two boys (12 and 14) who go to the gym with me three times a week because they enjoy learning and training for bench press contests. Thank you for the advice Lusio. I like a man's point of view.

Old 07-18-2008, 07:30 PM

1,117 posts, read 2,038,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rhino View Post
I remember this one guy who had a cellphone that would "blow up" and he would always answer it "Mandingo Interprises". I guess he claimed to have some sort of a business. I will admit it was funny to listen to him talk to people about how his business is a "hot blue chip stock".
Since I know what a Mandingo is, that makes this even funnier. LOL

ETA: His name wasn't Art Hammer, was it? :P

Last edited by DragonFly757; 07-18-2008 at 07:42 PM..

Old 07-18-2008, 10:19 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,865,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
OK, so maybe I'm a little guilty of checking out some chicks.

This used to drive me nuts... make me feel really uncomfortable. I used to go to the gym and somebody would jump on the machine next to me and start turning their head, looking at me a couple of times, trying to make conversation... that is all well and good if I came with you to the gym, I know you... or I actually gave a darn... I was really only there to work out. I ended up going to the women's branch of my gym so I didn't have to worry about getting hit on while I was trying to do my four miles on the treadmill and get home... Now, if I was heading out of the locker room..showered, dressed and not sweaty and nasty that was a different story... I guess I am suggesting to wait until a girl is off the machine and looking like a girl again to start the small talk... at least that is my own opinion...

Old 07-20-2008, 04:11 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,917,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
This used to drive me nuts... make me feel really uncomfortable. I used to go to the gym and somebody would jump on the machine next to me and start turning their head, looking at me a couple of times, trying to make conversation... that is all well and good if I came with you to the gym, I know you... or I actually gave a darn... I was really only there to work out. I ended up going to the women's branch of my gym so I didn't have to worry about getting hit on while I was trying to do my four miles on the treadmill and get home... Now, if I was heading out of the locker room..showered, dressed and not sweaty and nasty that was a different story... I guess I am suggesting to wait until a girl is off the machine and looking like a girl again to start the small talk... at least that is my own opinion...
That's one thing I don't do is strike up small-talk conversation with anyone while they're working out. I don't like to be bothered while I'm expending all my effort on whatever dumbbells, barbells, or machines I'm using.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness