Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 07:22 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,284,201 times

Advertisements

If you are blood type O you may want to try cutting out wheat and dairy for a few weeks and see if this doesn't help. I have been involved with diet and exercise since I was 16, over 20 something years, and have noticed that wheat and dairy foods are serious deterrents to weight loss, irregardless of how much exercise is done. I was actually kind of chunky in highschool even though I went to aerobics 4-6 days a weeks because of the amount of wheat sandwiches and 1980s frozen yogurt I liked to consume. I think wheat is the devil more or less for blood type Os. Sure you need calories but a lack of them probably is not the problem.

The Blood Type Diet :: Peter D'Adamo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2008, 08:29 PM

9,530 posts, read 16,512,408 times
Yes definitely eating less could be self defeating. It is best to eat 5 or 6 small meals of healthful food daily and plenty of water. It actually is more beneficial to eat that way than 3 large meals and snacks in between. The body will definitely hold on to fat if there is a decrease in food especially if one does not get sufficient exercise. The best deal is to eat those 5 or 6 small meals of good healthful foods, the water and plenty of exercise. If you don't see weight loss with that, then I don't know what works. I will say your diet is not completely bad, but needs some work. I would add some more vegetables and fruit. I would improve on the breakfast, actually a bigger breakfast but not the bacon egg variety. Always eat an actual breakfast not just a granola bar. Try to eat your biggest meal at lunch time, It is best to really start limiting calories as evening comes, so actually a smaller meal in the evening followed about 1 hour or so later with cardio. A small snack after of low cal variety is fine. The lower calories in the evening with the cardio later after that meal most usually give one a noticeable body change. Keep up with the weight workouts and you should see improvements. I am impressed with your turkey sand and the apple, good choice.

Old 08-11-2008, 09:46 PM

600 posts, read 2,091,264 times
Very interesting thread.

I wonder if you guys have any thoughts on my thread on the diet page.

//www.city-data.com/forum/diet-...help-diet.html

Thanks in advance.

Old 08-12-2008, 04:57 PM

9 posts, read 14,741 times
the best thing to do is eat 6 meals a day with breakfast being the biggest meal of your day and dinner being your smallest. eat every 2 to 3 hours that way you're not "eating for fun" lol. what i do is..have a big breakfast..then for lunch..make it half the size of my breakfast..and for dinner..half the size of my lunch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness