Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 11:34 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,164,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycamper5 View Post
o stop! you know i'm just playing with ya.Lola can you tell me if my profile is private,I made some changes and Dont know if it worked?I'm kinda new to this.
OMG.....you are so full of it ......geez okay if you want me to look at your profile that bad.... you can just ask, you don't have to make up some lame excuse that probably took you the better part of your morning to come up with
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 05:45 PM

5,816 posts, read 15,914,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
True. The carpentry part probably isn't necessary, but it is fun. I built a chin-up bar/dip station in the backyard (much to the chagrin of my wife) but you can purchase the same ready made.
Actually, I was wondering whether you might not have been talking about doing the carpentry to build an obstacle course--most likely also a part of SEALS training. Very useful for fitness, I'm sure. And besides being fun, doing the carpentry work itself would also give you a workout. I think you're onto something here. JimboB's backyard fitness training camp. Now all you need is some good marketing, and you're on the road to millions.

Old 09-23-2008, 06:57 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,776,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogre View Post
Actually, I was wondering whether you might not have been talking about doing the carpentry to build an obstacle course--most likely also a part of SEALS training. Very useful for fitness, I'm sure. And besides being fun, doing the carpentry work itself would also give you a workout. I think you're onto something here. JimboB's backyard fitness training camp. Now all you need is some good marketing, and you're on the road to millions.
Hmmmm....

Old 09-23-2008, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
HELO! I'll take a dozen of those

and for the second pic of "the Governor" ewwwww Nasty.

Take a cold shower, Lola! Actually, I'm guessing most women would share your feelings on this. Of course, maybe this is just wishful thinking on my part, since I ain't nevuh gonna be built like no Governator.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:45 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,164,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogre View Post
Take a cold shower, Lola! Actually, I'm guessing most women would share your feelings on this. Of course, maybe this is just wishful thinking on my part, since I ain't nevuh gonna be built like no Governator.
hahaha.....no need for a cold shower but thanks

I can't speak for all women but any woman with decent taste would agree.....there is such thing as too much of a good thing and, for me at least, that's just nasty.....has roids written all over it and you know what they say about men with massivly huge arms right??

Old 09-24-2008, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
hahaha.....no need for a cold shower but thanks

I can't speak for all women but any woman with decent taste would agree.....there is such thing as too much of a good thing and, for me at least, that's just nasty.....has roids written all over it and you know what they say about men with massivly huge arms right??
LOL. Now I've got to return the "hahahha." Should I go there? I mean about asking Maria the truth about men with massively huge arms. Hmm, guess I just did.

About maybe ten years ago, I read some agreement with your opinion at an unlikely source: in Muscle & Fitness magazine. I checked out a few issues around that time. Joe Weider would have a commentary at the beginning of each issue. In one, he talked about how the smooth athletic builds seen in the ancient Greek statues were more the ideal physique than the most extreme results of bodybuilding. Kind of seemed as if he were shooting himself in the foot with that, given the source of his income, but there it was. Then in another issue there was an article about three guys they searched out who all lived in Hawaii, and took advantage of the mild climate to stay fit entirely through outdoors activities, never setting foot in a gym. These guys all had the solid but smooth builds of all-around athletes. The article said all of them were in the 6'0'' to 6'1" range in height. I believe their weights were something like 170, 190, and 200. In discussing the two larger guys, the article said something about the impressive physiques they had attained without ever going to the gym. Keep in mind that the champion bodybuilders featured in that magazine typically weighed more like 250. Interesting that they included that article, since once again it seems as if Weider was kind of defeating his own purpose by advocating the idea that you didn't need the physique of a bodybuilder to look good, and you did not necessarily need to work out in a gym, with weights, but there the article was.

I've said this in a couple of other threads in this forum, but personally I'm an advocate of pretty much any physical activity. Whatever someone likes and finds convenient that gets the person up and moving is better than lounging on a couch. If bodybuilding is your thing, go for it. Also, the gym is a very convenient location for many people to work out. Not everyone has the time, or the nearby geography, to get fit by sea kayaking, big-wave kite-surfing, lugging boulders while walking along the bottom of the ocean, or climbing 13,000-foot mountains, to name some of the activities of the guys in that M & F article. So I guess what I'm saying is that it's good that there is such a variety of physical activity available--something to suit every need. Interesting, too, to keep in mind that fitness is not exclusively about looking like Ahnie, and not everyone needs to set that goal.

Old 04-11-2011, 10:23 AM

4 posts, read 7,087 times
I can do 100 pushups on his fingers in 30 seconds (boxer type), see the record, "Survivalpushup", but he is in his hands, not fingers!
The new record will approve it soon!
If you want a sample for the first time, send message to sm1313212@gmail.com.
Sincerely,
marian

Old 04-11-2011, 10:37 AM

Default 100 pushups on his fingers in 30 seconds (boxer type)

I can do 100 pushups on his fingers in 30 seconds (boxer type), see the record, "Survivalpushup", but he is in his hands, not fingers!
Sincerely,
Marian

Old 04-11-2011, 10:58 AM

Default 100 pushups on his fingers in 30 seconds (boxer type)

Sincerely,
Marian

Old 04-11-2011, 02:21 PM

1,257 posts, read 2,535,427 times
I know this is an old thread, but it's always interesting to me when people act like pushups are a beginners exercise that should be discarded as you become more "advanced."

I've seen plenty of big ole' bodybuilders that flat out stink at doing pushups. If it's so easy, why can't they do it?

Pushups are actually one of the greatest, most universal exercises you can do for the upper body -- and you can do them anywhere! If regular pushups get too easy, there are a thousand ways to manipulate leverage and your weight to make them more difficult. Nobody is too good for pushups.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness