Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 09:18 AM

901 posts, read 2,986,940 times

Advertisements

I love the Firm. I agree that the older Firm videos are much more difficult. Try their website for more info about the Firm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2008, 12:53 PM

1,467 posts, read 5,128,456 times
Has anyone tried the "New York City Ballet Workout Set?" I read a couple rave reviews saying that it really tones. Then I read some that said you had to know a little something about ballet moves to keep up with the DVD.

Old 10-14-2008, 07:14 PM

926 posts, read 2,747,035 times
I did the NYCB workout dvd and it does help if you know ballet but I also got the Fluidity Bar and dvd and found that to be MUCH more effective. Its amazing- you look at the dvd and are like, no way can these slow basic movements do anything but its is great for toning up. I also like to tone with Carmen Electra's Fit to Strip workout dvd and for cardio and toning I use the Firm's Cardio Blast Fast Fit dvd

Old 10-15-2008, 07:57 PM

1,467 posts, read 5,128,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by babigyrl5 View Post
I did the NYCB workout dvd and it does help if you know ballet but I also got the Fluidity Bar and dvd and found that to be MUCH more effective. Its amazing- you look at the dvd and are like, no way can these slow basic movements do anything but its is great for toning up. I also like to tone with Carmen Electra's Fit to Strip workout dvd and for cardio and toning I use the Firm's Cardio Blast Fast Fit dvd
I bought the NYCB (prior to your response) b/c Barnes and Noble had it in stock. I'm going to give it a try tomorrow. Normally, I do cardio (running, walking inclines, etc) 4-5 days a week and yoga 2 times a week. So, I'm hoping the NYCB will be a slower pace that sculpts and tones. I'm jotting down the names of the others you metioned too. Thanks for the suggestions/recommendations.

Old 10-19-2008, 08:31 PM

1,658 posts, read 3,039,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Movie Lover View Post
The Lillia Kopylova one is good!!!
I got this one. I wonder why! Also have Erin Boag and Karen Hardys one!

I hope they release one with Flavia Cacace and another with Kristina Rihanoff!!

Old 10-20-2008, 09:51 PM

1,483 posts, read 1,808,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0nb0n View Post
Callanetics DVDs are great, I would recommend it to anyone who wants to get into shape or keep in shape
Are those the deep small movement exercises? if so I did those from a book before they even put it out on video, loved them now dated myself.... and now dvd you dont say

Old 11-16-2008, 10:59 AM

88 posts, read 292,321 times
I love any CRUNCH GYM dvd and belly dancing.I always wanted to try the new stripper workouts but don't know if you need equipment and which 1 is best if somebody could tell me I would apprechiate it and i want to try wii fit ... love fit tv.

Old 11-21-2008, 06:54 AM

4,139 posts, read 11,487,862 times
Joyce Vedral is good for toning. When I did her workout (Definition) along with some cardio I lost weight. It isn't overly intense, it is light weights, but it is enough to build muscle to lose fat and tone.

I have ordered Power 90 and would love to tackle P90X sometime next year. I am not ready for it yet.

DH wants some Bowflex weights and I plan to get them for him for Christmas....then I will have some heavier weights too!

Dawn

Old 11-22-2008, 04:46 PM

76 posts, read 263,060 times
I recently started using "30 Day Shred" by Jillian Michaels - the trainer from "The Biggest Loser." She mixes strength, cardio, and abs. I do that and I do Zumba when I need something a little more fun.

Old 04-29-2009, 03:02 AM

1 posts, read 7,676 times
I get a lot of positive feedback for the 'for dummies' range of workout DVDs.

They seem to be popular for the newbies of any kind of workout new to the user and also seem very popular with the experienced users too.

Here are a couple of suggestions you may want to try
Pilates Weight Loss Workout for Dummies
Basic Yoga Workout for Dummies

Enjoy

Roberto Garcia
I Want One (Health and Fitness DVDs)
http://www.newhealthandfitnessdvds.co.uk
Attached Thumbnails
Most effective fitness DVD workouts?-pilates-weight-loss-workout-dummies-dvd.jpg   Most effective fitness DVD workouts?-basic-yoga-dummies.jpg  

Last edited by IWantOne; 04-29-2009 at 03:59 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness