Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 12:48 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,600,575 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone! Does anyone out there currently have a six-pack (No, not beer! LOL!), and if so, could you answer a few questions for me? First of all, what type of diet do you adhere to? I'd assume perhaps one high in proteins and low in carbohydrates, but you never know. Also, what types of exercises do you do to maintain your abs, and how often do you do them? During the warmer months, I run 6-9 miles per day, and I try to do 200 daily crunches on my Ab Lounge, but I just bought it, so I haven't noticed much in the way of results as of yet. I have a very flat stomach right now, but I still don't have the muscular definition I desire. Essentially, I just want to tone my abs a bit more so that I can attract someone to me a bit easier. (I'm assuming a tight stomach probably turns on more people than just yours truly, right?)
Any and all advice on obtaining a six-pack and then maintaining it would be greatly-appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2007, 01:29 PM

2,218 posts, read 5,394,639 times
I wouldn't mind that either, make all the girls ga ga over me... TEEHEE!

Have you ever tried that Tae-bo? It's suppose to be pretty good. I've been doing that on and off.

Old 02-22-2007, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iroquoispliskin View Post
I wouldn't mind that either, make all the girls ga ga over me... TEEHEE!

Have you ever tried that Tae-bo? It's suppose to be pretty good. I've been doing that on and off.

I see my parents doing it all the time, and it just kind of turns me off (Seeing two 50-somethings jiggling around everywhere in spandex is a little disheartening!) LOL! I have actually started to dabble in yoga a bit with my friend Meg though; I've almost mastered the downward-facing doggie! (That just sounds sooooo wrong!)

Old 02-22-2007, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrantonWilkesBarre View Post
I see my parents doing it all the time, and it just kind of turns me off (Seeing two 50-somethings jiggling around everywhere in spandex is a little disheartening!) LOL! I have actually started to dabble in yoga a bit with my friend Meg though; I've almost mastered the downward-facing doggie! (That just sounds sooooo wrong!)
EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! Just saying I've got reasons not to do that woulda been enough for me!

Once it gets warm here i'm going to be outside almost all the time to work off them danged love handles. Running, biking, jogging, hiking, walking, whatever. I like being outside.. And I like to be tan.

Old 02-22-2007, 01:46 PM

Quote:
EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! Just saying I've got reasons not to do that woulda been enough for me!
Ha! Well, I may have just done you a favor. Go throw up your lunch now and find out that you lost a half-pound, which puts you that much closer to your goals! LOL!

Quote:
Once it gets warm here i'm going to be outside almost all the time to work off them danged love handles. Running, biking, jogging, hiking, walking, whatever. I like being outside.. And I like to be tan.
I'm the same way. I work outdoors year-round, and I'm an outdoors enthusiast in the warmer months. By July, I'm usually sporting a healthy tan and jacked-up body. I just lose it because we're under home confinement from October through April or so around here with the cold temperatures and threats of snow.

Old 02-22-2007, 04:51 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,869,842 times
I'm hiring a cabana boy Physch is important, can you mix drinks? LOL!!! The weather here has been so perfect lately that if I had the time I'd be out by the pool, note to self, ask for laptop.

Well, when you do find the trick for that 6 pack, let me know. I've thought of that ab lounger but did not know if it was a gimmick or not. I just want to get rid of the extra baby fat that has not gone away........ urgh. So do you like the abs lounger or not? Do you think it would work well in place of doing regular situps? Does it support your back, neck and head pretty good?

LOL!!! On the tae-bo parents. Reminds me of the time I had hubby doing yoga w/ me. He is SOOOOO uncoordinated. It pained me to watch him. There is a GREAT yoga tape/dvd for an abs only workout. It is a male that does it and he is REALLY good.

Old 02-22-2007, 05:02 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,113,260 times
1.Look up "Pilates" in your local yellow pages (virtual or paper).

There is a reason that dancers are known for their bodies.

A good Pilates instructor can teach you the fundamentals of core-strength.

2. Continue (or start) your aerobic program (e.g. running, cycling, swimming). Lowering your overall body fat will help bring that ab definition to the forefront.

3. Be Patient! Especially for you young dudes. I've notice that a lot of male humans don't really start to develop muscle mass until their late 20's/early
30's

Old 02-22-2007, 06:16 PM

77 posts, read 320,062 times
If you have a flat stomach but are looking for more muscle definition, I would suggest doing crunches/sit ups while holding a medicine ball/dumbell (holding it either over your head or against your chest). Adding weight will increase the resistance and force your abs to work harder. I usually use somewhere between 10-15 pounds. Good luck!

Old 02-22-2007, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidmom View Post
3. Be Patient! Especially for you young dudes. I've notice that a lot of male humans don't really start to develop muscle mass until their late 20's/early
30's
That's disheartening! lol! But I wanna look good for the ladies noowwww!!!

lol. Even if I do get better abs... It won't help my face! LOL! But that's why they make paper bags!

Old 02-23-2007, 09:33 AM

Quote:
That's disheartening! lol! But I wanna look good for the ladies noowwww!!!

lol. Even if I do get better abs... It won't help my face! LOL! But that's why they make paper bags!
I have the same idea! Let's start a "Brown Bag Club!" Perhaps we can cut and paste large pictures of Brad Pitt or Richard Gere onto the fronts of the bags so our dates don't feel so repulsed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness