Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 07:28 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,858,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerDuke08 View Post
LOL! Funniest thread ever, you guys have a lil too much time on your hands.

YouTube - Holiday Special: Cyniclons singing Silent Fart

Now you can say we have too much time on our hands. Happy Holidays! LOL

Old 12-02-2008, 03:29 PM

880 posts, read 2,344,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
That's rotten, man.
Nope, I mentioned this thread to her last night, and she said the same thing. If you massage people all day for a living, it's events like this that keep it humorous.

Old 12-19-2008, 12:03 PM

5 posts, read 14,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA central coast View Post
Anyone ever have a good relaxing massage ruined because the whole time you're holding in a fart? Any sugesstions pre-massage? I mean it's a waste of money if you can't relax.
When the body is doing what comes naturally during your massage time it is a sign that you are relaxing. It would benifit you more to just let it happen and go back to relaxing. You can request some aromatherapy to be added to your session prior to the treatment. If you are concerned about the theripist's comfort about such things, don't be, they are trained to expect that response.

As the body is letting go of toxic waste it has to go somewhere and gas is a normal byproduct of bodywork. As is gurgling noises, coughing, sneezing, plugged sinus and falling asleep.

Somewhere in this thread someone mentioned "Happy Ending", let me just mention that having an erection during a session is sometimes an unexpected thing that happens but how you deal with it is an ethical concern. Massage therapy is for pain relief and relaxation NOT sexual release. If you contract to get a massage dont expect it to involve sexuality, it is not within the scope of practice. Many are still in the frame of mind that a massage is a sexual thing. The days of "Massage Parlors" is over and it has evolved to a level of healthcare that is now recognized for the benifits it gives your whole body. If you are looking for the so called "Happy Ending' then look somewhere else.
*steps off soap box and awaits the barage of sparks that may fly form this post.....

Old 12-24-2008, 01:39 PM

535 posts, read 1,741,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BalancingAct View Post
Massage therapy is for pain relief and relaxation NOT sexual release. If you contract to get a massage dont expect it to involve sexuality, it is not within the scope of practice.
So that would be a big NO?

Old 12-28-2008, 12:58 AM

947 posts, read 3,408,763 times
Hahaha!!!
I get a massage about every month. I never "let it rip" I would be too embarrassed for sure!!!
Yes it's natural but don't want to stink up my massage therapist. I usually hold it...

Old 12-28-2008, 01:50 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,524,892 times
If you feel it coming excuse yourself or warn the therapist. However, there are some massage points that can cause an unexpected release if it's waiting for an exit. If you get an erection during the massage, don't act upon it and don't get embarrassed. Lay there quietly and focus on the massage and it may go away on it's own. If it doesn't, then wait until well after the massage to deal with the situation.

I use to get regular massages while stationed in Norfolk, VA. I'd check into a hotel and call for a therapist to come to the room. First time I did I hoped it was a real therapist and not a "happy ending" therapist. Had a pinched nerve in the back.

Old 12-29-2008, 02:02 PM

1,634 posts, read 6,718,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by need4Trees View Post
Hahaha!!!
I get a massage about every month. I never "let it rip" I would be too embarrassed for sure!!!
Yes it's natural but don't want to stink up my massage therapist. I usually hold it...
Doesn't that tense you up and wreck the massage?

Old 01-04-2009, 08:38 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,534,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
it does not come up. i dont do the massage thing. i dont like strangers touching me.
So only friends are allowed to give you a massage then, right?

BTW, what is a SBD? What, no mention of Le Petomane?

Old 01-04-2009, 08:49 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,686,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubthang View Post
Nope, I mentioned this thread to her last night, and she said the same thing. If you massage people all day for a living, it's events like this that keep it humorous.
OK - I will now not hesitate to "liven up" my next massage session.

Old 01-07-2009, 01:33 AM

707 posts, read 1,293,221 times
I've actually let a couple of weapons of gas destruction go while on the massage table. It gives you a new topic to discuss with the masseuse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness