Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 06:33 PM

809 posts, read 2,884,643 times

Advertisements

Anyone tried it? Did it work? Do you KNOW anyone that's done it???

I've seen the commercials and it actually looks legit if you ACTUALLY put effort into it........

I'd LOVE to try it since I hate paying for a gym membership and then I never go cuz I'm shy about being around all kinds of people when I work out
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2008, 06:40 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,164,736 times
awwww...your shy? lol that's cute....

I've heard a lot about it....I was even invited to attend a live presentation on it, which I did. I have to say it was pretty impressive.......it's new so of course you have to figure in the "wow" factor but it looked like it could really work AS LONG AS you have the correct tools and use correct form.....it's one thing to have a trainer actually show you the proper way to go through motions and then to have to learn through a one dimensional video......I'd say if your a beginner and you don't already know correct stance and posture....you might want to skip it but if you are confident in your general knowledge of anaerobic and aerobic workouts.....go for it.

the only reason I say this is because you could work out all day but if your execution is wrong....you could do more damage than good......just be careful if you do try it.

Old 11-19-2008, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
awwww...your shy? lol that's cute....

I've heard a lot about it....I was even invited to attend a live presentation on it, which I did. I have to say it was pretty impressive.......it's new so of course you have to figure in the "wow" factor but it looked like it could really work AS LONG AS you have the correct tools and use correct form.....it's one thing to have a trainer actually show you the proper way to go through motions and then to have to learn through a one dimensional video......I'd say if your a beginner and you don't already know correct stance and posture....you might want to skip it but if you are confident in your general knowledge of anaerobic and aerobic workouts.....go for it.

the only reason I say this is because you could work out all day but if your execution is wrong....you could do more damage than good......just be careful if you do try it.

Very true. And ya, my boyfriend is a workout FANATIC and he was always yapping about form and stuff. SO I know it's important so I don't hurt myself. I would def start off with one of his other "beginner" videos before I got hardcore into this.... but I was just wondering cuz i REALLY liked the results on the people in the commercial

Old 11-19-2008, 06:57 PM

3,032 posts, read 8,921,065 times
I'm nearing the end of the 90 days in this workout. It kicks serious butt, but you already have to be in good shape to do it. If you're not in shape already, then you need to go through the wimpy version of it before trying the X version.

I highly recommend it, IF you are dedicated enough to stick with it. It's hard, it sucks to work out at least an hour every single day, and you'll be sore a lot throughout it if you're doing it right. However the results are fantastic. I'm 46 and I can confidently wear a bikini and my ass looks like it's 25 years old. Rest of the body looks terrific too with all the muscle definition I got from the workout. I have a lot more energy than I used to, and I'm sleeping two hours less a night without feeling tired.

Old 11-19-2008, 08:02 PM

that's ^what I was thinking when I saw the demo.....it's definitly not for beginners.....

Old 11-20-2008, 01:54 PM

4,139 posts, read 11,491,452 times
Is the "wimpy" version the Power 90????

Dawn

Old 11-20-2008, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnW View Post

Dawn

I think it is, there's also "tony hortons power half hour" and some other video I think...... I'd start off with the power half hour most likely

Old 11-20-2008, 02:26 PM

3,032 posts, read 8,921,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnW View Post

Dawn
Yeah and the only reason I call it wimpy is because once you do the P90X everything else is going to seem like cake.

**Edit: One caveat...I did NOT need to lose any weight when I started this program and I did not follow the diet since my eating habits are already good, so I cannot speak to the weight-loss portion of the program.

Last edited by SuSuSushi; 11-20-2008 at 02:35 PM..

Old 11-20-2008, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
Yeah and the only reason I call it wimpy is because once you do the P90X everything else is going to seem like cake.
that's a good thing though! Set the bar high to begin with and continue to push yourself....you'll be a rock star in no time!

Old 11-25-2008, 07:11 PM

82 posts, read 390,883 times
Yah it is a full body functional workout. It is fairly hard, a lot of pushup and pull ups. It varies each day and the videos are easy to follow. Tony can get a bit annoying at times.

If you want to take all thinking out of your workout program, like working out in your own home and have about an hour and half free everyday six days a week, it might work for you. I tried it, but I love working out in a gym, so I didn't stick with it. I think you need to be following the diet plan, if you want to get the results that they show in the before and after pictures. Though if your a female, the diet plan has a lot of protein in it. I would say just think about what works best for you body. Results will for sure vary depending on the person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness