Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 01:44 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,161,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRBS View Post
This is retarded advice....LOL, there is no way that you would see added fat in your belly after 3 scoops. Congrats, youre a moron...

You cant "bulk up" without adding fat. It is not possible for you to gain weight and 100% of it be lean muscle (well, its possible, but since you are asking this question I will venture a guess and say its not possible for you). The only way your body will add weight is for you to take in a surplus of calories. Not all of those calories will go to muscle growth. Some will be stored for future use. How does your body store enery? By converting it to fat to be used later.

Like I said above, if you want real advice, you should find a different forum to ask these questions. Most of the people here are your average people who dont know what they are talking about with regard to health, fitness and diet...see the post above for proof...

Wow you really know how to make an impression donchya sweetie First off......you shouldn't be giving advice period. Second of all..... I give advice on here and I do happen to know what i'm talking about as does Happycamper and Dabeez.....just to name a few i'm a certified PT as well as a nutritionist......so get over your size and bounce rock skate if you don't like our advice

Old 12-16-2008, 02:06 PM

45 posts, read 170,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
Wow you really know how to make an impression donchya sweetie First off......you shouldn't be giving advice period. Second of all..... I give advice on here and I do happen to know what i'm talking about as does Happycamper and Dabeez.....just to name a few i'm a certified PT as well as a nutritionist......so get over your size and bounce rock skate if you don't like our advice

LOL, will do!

"Certified" personal trainers are a dime a dozen ($500 and an internet course and boom, your a PT, dont say its not true either)...I dont know why people brag about it...and if you dont think what I wrote is true (or at least partially true), you dont know what youre doing and are ripping people off...

"Someone with experience is never at the mercy of someone with a theory..."

Gotta love the internet.

Old 12-16-2008, 02:07 PM

Quote:
LOL, will do!

"Certified" personal trainers are a dime a dozen ($500 and an internet course and boom, your a PT, dont say its not true either)...I dont know why people brag about it...

"Someone with experience is never at the mercy of someone with a theory..."

Gotta love the internet.
Awesome

Oh and internet course??? Yea.....probably not. Lol but that's still cute

Old 12-16-2008, 02:11 PM

45 posts, read 170,511 times
Quote:
Awesome

Oh and internet course??? Yea.....probably not. Lol but that's still cute

Whatever you say sweetie

Old 12-16-2008, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Whatever you say sweetie

Old 12-16-2008, 07:43 PM

151 posts, read 525,426 times
Quote:
As this is true and this is what I personally do you have to assess each individual's needs and current status's. He obviously isn't getting enough protein so instead of limiting his options it's better to help him with whichever means necissary. Whey protein can be a great supplement especially if someone's DCI has consistently been at a deficit.
Yes, of course he should be increasing his protein intake when working out and whey protein is easily obtainable. That's a given. My point was that many people believe that whey protein is somehow better for them than other sources of protein, such as casein, which is not true.

Old 12-17-2008, 05:15 AM

1,229 posts, read 2,911,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by first one View Post
Yes, of course he should be increasing his protein intake when working out and whey protein is easily obtainable. That's a given. My point was that many people believe that whey protein is somehow better for them than other sources of protein, such as casein, which is not true.
WHey protein is ''somehow better'' because it releases quiker and should be taken right after a workout,And casein is released much slower and is good right before bed! without getting technical. They are both two differerant proteins that do two differerant things ! You are claiming folks here do not know what they are talking about while giving wrong info. yourself ! have a nice day

Old 12-17-2008, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycamper5 View Post
WHey protein is ''somehow better'' because it releases quiker and should be taken right after a workout,And casein is released much slower and is good right before bed! without getting technical. They are both two differerant proteins that do two differerant things ! You are claiming folks here do not know what they are talking about while giving wrong info. yourself ! have a nice day
lol...your too cute ......

Old 12-17-2008, 10:10 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
Quote:
Like I said above, if you want real advice, you should find a different forum to ask these questions. Most of the people here are your average people who dont know what they are talking about with regard to health, fitness and diet...see the post above for proof...
You are flat out wrong fella. There are quite a few people here who know exactly what they are talking about and have been giving great advice to people who really appreciate it. Do a search and you'll see.

Old 12-17-2008, 10:47 AM

732 posts, read 4,156,798 times
Alot of the stuff in here is obvious to me and I would if I could eat icecream and peanut butter, but is there a way I can can the weight I want and still keep my abs? I would rather just stay skinny and keep my abs because I worked so hard for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness