Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2009, 10:30 AM

3,674 posts, read 3,033,442 times

Advertisements

Hi all- This is my first post in this section of CD. I'm trying a "new" program for me and just wanted a few outside opinions as to it's benefit.
I'm a 44 yr old man in decent shape about 175 lbs, loves biking, bu teven in OK the winter weather doesn;t always allow that. Here is something I've come up wiht, hardly original, but here goes:
Taking a deck of cards each suit represents an exercise. clubs is strikes'punches, diamonds are updowns, or knee strikes, hearts are push ups, spades are some ab excercise, the number of course equals the reps, one right after the other. btw i have a wavemaster for striking. the whole deck takes about 25-30 min, and gets me quite a workout. Has anyone else done something like this, or have anyideas how to tweak this idea?
I mix up the type of ab works, or strikes but it gets kind boring after awhile. Thanks for reading
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2009, 10:49 AM

968 posts, read 2,588,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
Hi all- This is my first post in this section of CD. I'm trying a "new" program for me and just wanted a few outside opinions as to it's benefit.
I'm a 44 yr old man in decent shape about 175 lbs, loves biking, bu teven in OK the winter weather doesn;t always allow that. Here is something I've come up wiht, hardly original, but here goes:
Taking a deck of cards each suit represents an exercise. clubs is strikes'punches, diamonds are updowns, or knee strikes, hearts are push ups, spades are some ab excercise, the number of course equals the reps, one right after the other. btw i have a wavemaster for striking. the whole deck takes about 25-30 min, and gets me quite a workout. Has anyone else done something like this, or have anyideas how to tweak this idea?
I mix up the type of ab works, or strikes but it gets kind boring after awhile. Thanks for reading
if it works for you and keeps you moving then it has to be a good thing.

Old 01-26-2009, 10:54 AM

3,536 posts, read 12,323,735 times
You can search for something called the "Fit Deck" it is a deck of cards, and each card actually has a picture and description of an execise on it. This is not a new idea.

Old 01-26-2009, 11:12 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,161,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
kinda like the Karma Sutra of exercise

Old 01-26-2009, 11:13 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,161,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarie123 View Post
You can search for something called the "Fit Deck" it is a deck of cards, and each card actually has a picture and description of an execise on it. This is not a new idea.
Heyyyyy...be nice. It's new to him and that's awesome! Whatever motivates you.....

Old 01-26-2009, 02:26 PM

5,816 posts, read 15,908,183 times
Great idea, and anything that gets you moving is really good. One suggestion I might make is to find a way to work in some pull-ups, or some kind of rowing exercise, to maintain the muscle balance since you're doing push-ups. But you've got a cool idea for getting a workout.

Old 01-26-2009, 02:43 PM

968 posts, read 2,588,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogre View Post
Great idea, and anything that gets you moving is really good. One suggestion I might make is to find a way to work in some pull-ups, or some kind of rowing exercise, to maintain the muscle balance since you're doing push-ups. But you've got a cool idea for getting a workout.

good point. I'll second doing some pulling to offset that pushing.

Old 01-29-2009, 11:27 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,033,442 times
thanks all- and thanks Lola as well ")I never said it was my original patented idea sheesh!!! No wonder I'm hesitant to post here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness