Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 05:17 PM

1,263 posts, read 4,936,722 times

Advertisements

@guy Sometimes with the kids, bedtime is the only time I can squeeze in a workout. Better late than never I say! (my weight loss is 75% diet anyhow...) I am one of those persons who can do an intense workout near bedtime and still get restful sleep if I am tired, so I'm fortunate that way. I am just sure to stretch very well at the end if I do something like Crossfit or my son's "plank challenge" very close to bedtime.

Now, as for the heat, I do love being outside more than inside anytime (I am really not an A/C fan), but today it was 98 degrees here and very humid. I will go outside to work out, but with a few modifications. I will hike in the woods versus walk on the hot streets, or I will mountain bike in the woods versus ride on the road. But I do try to avoid the hours of 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. if at all possible because I sweat profusely when intensely exercising no matter what the weather. It becomes really difficult for me to stay hydrated if I am doing something like an outdoor cross-training class where there really is no time for a water break until the instructor says so. In weather like this, I always take Endurolytes prior to class or I will risk cramping up.

To give you an idea of how much I perspire, I usually "fry" 2 polar heart rate monitor straps per year, in spite of taking care of them properly, all due to my profuse sweating. My friend Ann and I are the ones who need squeegees and mops to clean our areas after cross training class. I've been like that my whole life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2012, 11:10 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,837,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Anyone else here love to workout when its warmer as opposed to cooler?
My trainer/gym doesn't believe in using AC...I believe the preferred gym temp is a minimum of 80 degree. It really sucks when the outside temp gets to be 100 degree+ like the past week. Hydration is an absolute must. I have a gallon+ on board by the time I arrive at the gym. No one walks out of there without being totally soaked in sweat.

No, I don't love it, and I don't like it, but I deal with it because I love my trainer/gym!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness