Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 09:20 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
You'll find that keeping most of the 20 pounds off will be a lot tougher than losing the 20 pounds in the first place.

Are you willing to feel deprived the rest of you life? You got overweight, not by eating more than you wanted. You got overweight by eating what you wanted. If you want to not be overweight the rest of your life, you have to not eat what you want for the rest of your life.

Are you willing to do that?
Well, my philosophy is to burn what I eat. You can spot me in Chick Fil-A, Chili's or Pizza hut once in a while. This is why I cardio all seven days a week.

I also have a technique to gratify the taste buds. A wise soul once said any kind of food is worth it only till it passes the edge of the tongue. Once it enters the food pipe it's all junk and the bile juice does not differentiate between transfat or 2% fat. The wise soul was none but my maternal grandma.

So you'll also find me in the bathroom with a bag of ruffles, nachos or Lindt multi-flavour choco balls - chew, enjoy, make a paste, spit, gurgle water, flush

My tongue never complains
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2009, 07:24 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,999,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post
Well, my philosophy is to burn what I eat. You can spot me in Chick Fil-A, Chili's or Pizza hut once in a while. This is why I cardio all seven days a week.

I also have a technique to gratify the taste buds. A wise soul once said any kind of food is worth it only till it passes the edge of the tongue. Once it enters the food pipe it's all junk and the bile juice does not differentiate between transfat or 2% fat. The wise soul was none but my maternal grandma.

So you'll also find me in the bathroom with a bag of ruffles, nachos or Lindt multi-flavour choco balls - chew, enjoy, make a paste, spit, gurgle water, flush

My tongue never complains
My tongue never did either, but everything else sure did. I just feel better all over since ditching the junk food. I'm not tired or fatigued anymore and always have lots of energy. Plus, I can't see working out harder just so I can have a bag of chips. I'd rather be doing something else fun--or nothing at all. But I am enjoying working out, believe it or not. I just don't want to have to have to go to extremes to chase off calories and fat for the rest of my life. Fit TV has some show with good recipes for junk food substitutes--Devin something or other.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:57 AM

107 posts, read 307,373 times
keep at it you'll see it pays off! after having my son i lost 75 pounds and the first 20 pounds came off rapidly but then came to a complete hault. don't let that discourage you! try measuring yourself weekly, i did waist arms and legs, and you will see your hard work paying off, sometimes without the scale moving at all. change up your exercise routines frequently and if you count cals then sometimes it's a good idea to give yourself a break for a few days (no i don't mean go crazy!) just up your cals a little bit to get your metabolism moving again, this is what worked for me! way to go on the first 20!

Old 06-30-2009, 01:23 PM

41,940 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Whyte Byrd, you have to keep on keeping on. You will break the plateau.

Congratulations on the weight you've taken off. Keep up the good work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness