Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 06:38 PM

15 posts, read 34,681 times

Advertisements

WyatteE; What is your diet like. Maybe, it's time for a change. Or you might to supplement to give you a little boost. It's hard to get the optimal nutrition your body needs to burn fat, especially if you want to go lower then 12% without proper supplementation.

I have been a trainer for many year. I can recommend some products that actually work, if you would like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2009, 09:18 PM

249 posts, read 473,600 times
You know I love the jumping, it is the most fun I have had in a workout.... I am only 3weeks in but I love it

Old 06-29-2009, 07:51 AM

540 posts, read 1,910,587 times
TrainerJ, I think when I did my first round of P90X, I may have been eating too much so I didn't get the results I wanted, so now I've reduce my calories, just focusing on consuming a certain amount each day and I've actually feel I'm making progress. What products though would you recommend. I've really only taken Whey Protein and Glutamine, not much else. Thanks for any advice.

Old 06-29-2009, 12:30 PM

209 posts, read 657,921 times
Yeah don't make the mistake of ignoring the diet plan. My first round I ignored it and the only thing that happened was I got stronger and in more shape but I didn't lose much weight.

Old 06-29-2009, 01:26 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,221,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
My favorite thing to do is piece together exercises from PX90 and create my own routines for the gym...this way I could switch it up every day if I wanted to....
You see I find that just following P90X as is is enough variety. The whole point of the program is that it already switches it up every day. That's how it keeps the old muscles confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFanGoingWest View Post
I completed my 1st round - about 2 weeks ago. I decided to take some time off before starting my next round and had been running, mountain biking and lifting (typical gym stuff) due to some vacationing I have coming.

Can't wait to get started again!
Congrats RedSoxFan!! I just got back from a 3 week vacation in South East Asia and did my first Chest & Back and Ab Ripper this morning. OMG I almost died.
I did Ab Ripper a few times while we were away, but clearly not enough to keep me in the groove. I thought I was going to die off this morning!

The good news is that my weight stayed the same, so I didn't gain while on vaca despite eating pretty much what I wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyattE View Post
TrainerJ, I think when I did my first round of P90X, I may have been eating too much so I didn't get the results I wanted, so now I've reduce my calories, just focusing on consuming a certain amount each day and I've actually feel I'm making progress. What products though would you recommend. I've really only taken Whey Protein and Glutamine, not much else. Thanks for any advice.
Wyatt - do you follow the nutrition plan? To be honest I have tweaked the calories too - I am on 1750 per day, when the plan calls for 1800 - 2200, but don't make the mistake of dropping too low or you may do more harm than good.
The trick is to be completely aware of your fat intake, carb intake and how your nutriant ratios are looking. Have you tried logging your food into myfitnesspal.com?
I don't really worry too much about cals unless I get over 2200 per day - but if I go over my fat grams I start freaking out. It's self regulating when you start watching carbs and fat grams.
I am going to stick with level 2 nutrition permanently. Seems to work well for me.

Old 06-30-2009, 11:13 AM

471 posts, read 1,042,703 times
I just finished week 1. Who knew working out 6 days a week could be beneficial. I did my second chest and back yesterday and am doing plyo today.

I've been following the nutrition plan about 95% to the T. I"ve actually had to increase my food intake. I feel as if I'm a meat eater who throws in veggies every now and then, and when they are thrown in they are tossed in bunches. I've never eaten this clean before, but I am noticing subtle results already.

Old 06-30-2009, 11:18 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,164,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
You see I find that just following P90X as is is enough variety. The whole point of the program is that it already switches it up every day. That's how it keeps the old muscles confused.

Sure, you could totally do that. I just like customizing to my own personal goals.

Old 06-30-2009, 11:47 AM

1,094 posts, read 2,465,730 times
I really want to get this, but am concerned, because I see in the infomercial that they use a pull-up bar and dumbbells. Am I going to have to install a pull-up bar in my home (I live in an apartment and that's not feasible)? Also, am I going to have to get a whole set of dumbbells?

Old 06-30-2009, 01:46 PM

209 posts, read 657,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by senalj View Post
I really want to get this, but am concerned, because I see in the infomercial that they use a pull-up bar and dumbbells. Am I going to have to install a pull-up bar in my home (I live in an apartment and that's not feasible)? Also, am I going to have to get a whole set of dumbbells?
There is a pull up bar which you can install easily in your door. Here is the link.
Iron Gym Pull Up Bar - Irongym Chin Up Bar As Seen On TV

You don't need a full set of dumbbells... depending on how strong you are, you may only want 20lbs weights or less. You wont need much more than that let me tell ya. I'm pretty strong and fit but I can barely use anything over 30 for some of the excersizes. Stick to light weights especially your first time.

Old 06-30-2009, 02:54 PM

471 posts, read 1,042,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclejake21 View Post
There is a pull up bar which you can install easily in your door. Here is the link.
Iron Gym Pull Up Bar - Irongym Chin Up Bar As Seen On TV

You don't need a full set of dumbbells... depending on how strong you are, you may only want 20lbs weights or less. You wont need much more than that let me tell ya. I'm pretty strong and fit but I can barely use anything over 30 for some of the excersizes. Stick to light weights especially your first time.

Agreed light weight is the way to go. If you're trying to look like a steroidal muscle bound freak, this isn't for you. If you want to be healthy, fit, and eventually have something akin to a swimmer's body, this is what you want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness