Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 07:10 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,120,348 times

Advertisements

I do Taekwondo which focuses more on hand to hand combat, at least that's what I've heard. My instructor also throws in a little wrestling into it as well; the collegiate kind. I've been doing that for 4 years and I enjoy it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2010, 03:00 PM

1,054 posts, read 3,860,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWgal View Post
9 years of TKD here. Red belt. I had to stop practicing 2 years ago after a knee injury and now college expenses are getting my money but I'd love so much to go back and earn my black belt!
It's good to see another woman feel this way about martial arts. Have been/still am in similar situation. I studied TKD for 6 years starting at age 18. I got up to black belt. I left for multiple reasons: finished college and needed to work and work hours didn't allow to go to TKD class, plus I had a back and head injury sustained during class and at that point (early 90's) did not feel welcome as a female at the school. Then life got in the way: work, moving out of state, health, etc. Now over 15 yrs later I still long to be in TKD. But the prices are darn ridiculous and I am recuperating from knee injury so I don't know if I could ever do it. But I miss it. I could go back to Tai Chi, but it just wasn't enough exercise nor self defense to suit me. I also discovered from talking to another grandmaster they won't let me transfer my black belt even from one WTF school to another. They want me to retest then start at colored belt level despite my knowing the forms & kicks still. They all just want $$$ it makes me so angry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness