Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 12:50 AM

44,257 posts, read 64,062,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyattE View Post
Why are there many people who are skinny who never exercised a day in their life and they can maintain their weight and eat five times as much as me, yet one look at a piece of food whether it's junk or healthy and I would gain the weight and have to work my butt off each day exercising and have to watch what I eat. What's up with that? Can someone explain this to me?
Dunno.
My wife eats whatever, doesn't work out (although we have 2 little kids), and is skinny as a rail.
Go figure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2016, 07:43 PM

3,670 posts, read 7,135,415 times
I downplay the amount of exercise I do. No one needs to see my true crazy.

Old 04-24-2016, 10:20 PM

658 posts, read 714,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I think if you follow those skinny people around you will find they don't eat much. My son is skinny and when we go out to eat he leaves half his plate uneaten. He also works hard so you do still need to compare incoming to outgoing consumption.

I would be fine if I could work harder and not care when I feel hungry but the older I get the more I can't stand to feel hunger pangs.
My husband is 43, 6 foot 3 and 144 lbs. He got sick a month ago with some bronchitis/cold and lost 10 pounds in 7 days. He eats total garbage like fast food, fried food, donuts, pies, reese's peanut butter cups, fanta orange and root beers, pasta like whoa, and right now he's having onion rings and chicken fingers from burger king. He doesn't eat vegetables or fish. He does NOT work out. He is lazy. LAZY LAZY LAZY. He once told me that he didn't want to stand up because it "took effort." He ate an entire dutch apple pie all by himself once. He subsists on sugar and empty calories and fried crap. And he does not gain weight.

He can eat 4 or 5 servings of pasta at once. So don't say that skinny people just don't eat or they eat heathfully and work out. Some of them might, and some of them are like my husband who has just been born with a blazing fast metabolism. He doesn't even have high cholesterol or any health problems at all.

I'm the one who skips meals, I fast, I eat veggies and lean meat and fish, I drink water or unsweet tea, and I usually never finish what's on my plate (which I make sure isn't huge to begin with.) Yet if I so much as look at something with sugar, something processed or with carbs, I can gain a couple of pounds instantly.

Sugar is in everything. They add sugar to ketchup and peanut butter. They add sugar, tons of sugar to things that don't need it. It's really hard to find food without sugar added, so I end up cooking fresh meat and veg and staying away from anything in a box or bag. Extremely limiting.

And if I say, have a square of super dark chocolate, I'm sure someone will say that fatty is gorging on crap. where if they saw my husband they would think he must eat sprouts and work out religiously.

someone else on the site said that if some people just naturally are thin, then some must also be naturally heavy. This is true. For some, keeping weight off is a lifetime concern where people like the hubby take it for granted that they're thin and that everyone kisses the ground they walk on and they can hide their horrible gluttonous eating habits simply because the evidence isn't shown on their bodies.

When my sister was a teenager she also ate an entire pie and she's thin. What is it with skinny people stuffing their faces like Henry the 8th and no one suspects they're doing it? My mom's skinny rail friend from work eats like a horse and complains about fat people FFS.

Old 04-24-2016, 10:41 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,714,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyattE View Post
Why are there many people who are skinny who never exercised a day in their life and they can maintain their weight and eat five times as much as me, yet one look at a piece of food whether it's junk or healthy and I would gain the weight and have to work my butt off each day exercising and have to watch what I eat. What's up with that? Can someone explain this to me?

Some people have fast metabolisms.

My family's like that, and so are my husband's. Our kids are the same way. All you have to do is see our family albums. Of course that doesn't necessarily mean that thin people are healthy, but it just so happens that we are.

BTW, having a fast metabolism is not a good thing.

Old 02-28-2021, 07:19 PM

433 posts, read 527,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
...I think a lot of fat people eat more than they realize. If the OP were to carry around a notebook, and write down every single thing that goes into his mouth during the course of a week, I'm betting he'd be surprised just how much he eats.
"Meet the Meakins who can't understand why they have put on so much weight? Daughter, Natalie, has even made her dog clinically fat!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9anoqIXGQ0

Old 02-28-2021, 08:40 PM

22,567 posts, read 24,365,374 times
Once I stopped overeating and binge-eating, my weight dropped to what I suppose it
would naturally be without all the gluttony.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness