Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 03:54 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,319,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
im eating the regular stuff i eat a burrito or a sandwich in the morn, one in lunch w some sun chips and a small dinner.
whoa I have a protein shake and one or two cans of tuna for breakfast 3 large boneless skinless chiken breast for lunch mid-day I have another protein shake and for dinner is usually 2 large steaks with a side of cottage cheese.
I find the hardest and most expensive part of working out is having the diet. I would say a good diet is 90% of it and the other 10% is traning hard in the gym.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2009, 04:21 PM

17,216 posts, read 57,078,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
whoa I have a protein shake and one or two cans of tuna for breakfast 3 large boneless skinless chiken breast for lunch mid-day I have another protein shake and for dinner is usually 2 large steaks with a side of cottage cheese.
I find the hardest and most expensive part of working out is having the diet. I would say a good diet is 90% of it and the other 10% is traning hard in the gym.
Dude, that's pretty heavy on the protien - which is fine if you are trying to build muscle mass - but you probably ought to add some veggies to your T-Rex like diet here, IMHO.

I have to salute your level of dedication if this is what you eat all the time though.

Some of Little Dolphin's ideas might be useful to you...

Old 11-11-2009, 04:51 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,319,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
Dude, that's pretty heavy on the protien - which is fine if you are trying to build muscle mass - but you probably ought to add some veggies to your T-Rex like diet here, IMHO.

I have to salute your level of dedication if this is what you eat all the time though.

Some of Little Dolphin's ideas might be useful to you...
haha depends I usally go to subway and get their chicken breast sandwhich with double the meat on whole wheat I don't eat like that all the time just before summer when I really push the diet with a ton of protein to bulk up then I slim down. winter is kinda eat whatever I want in moderation for 3 months cheat time

Old 11-11-2009, 05:00 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,262,240 times
Quote:
The burritos i eat always have either beans, potatoes or eggs, but i know the tortillas arent to good for me.
Your intake is a little too carb heavy it seems to ever look cut. Unless your natural body type was the kind that needs a lot of carbs. But by your personal review, its not working.

Skip the tortilla and make it a salad. Increase your veggie intake.
Basically you want to be eating a lot of non-starchy veggies, then protiens, then just a bit of carbs for work out energy. To kinda do a "dummy portion counting" use your palms as reference:

-Every meal should have a souce of protien about the size of your palm.
(nuts, chicken, lean beef, lean pork)

-Eat 2-3 palms of a non starchy veggie source per meal

-Eat 1 starch for breakfast and lunch; no starch, sweets or fruit at dinner

- keep all starchy stuff unprocessed or whole grain

For meal ideas, I always prefered to keep it basic on a lower carb eating. Grill your protien with a little salt and pepper and eat the veggies that are in season.

Some help:
Peak-Season Map at Epicurious.com

^^^there are recipes etc too with that.

Old 11-11-2009, 06:07 PM

2,625 posts, read 11,218,834 times
eating healthy sucks! lol Especially being hispanic, our menu consist of alot of potatoes, beans, cheese, ill stick to salads

Old 11-11-2009, 06:12 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Quote:
eating healthy sucks! lol Especially being hispanic, our menu consist of alot of potatoes, beans, cheese, ill stick to salads
I'm on a low carb diet now. It sucks, but I get the weekends to eat whatever I want.

Old 11-12-2009, 11:27 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,984,503 times
Quote:
Been going for 1 month and im seeing gradual results, like how much time do u have to go to see some drastic results and add some bulk and "cuts"?
I bet others have already mentioned it, but the exact answer to your question is actually "it depends." How intense are your workouts? How frequent are they? Have you likewise adjusted your diet to meet your goals?

When I first decided to change the way I looked and take control of my diet it literally only took me about 4 weeks to see drastic change (and for others to notice it). After that, the changes were more gradual but still kept coming :-)

Old 11-13-2009, 04:30 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,262,240 times
Quote:
Well if you are like me, you will be able to bean it up when you are in maintain mode. At least here and there...And yes..its totally annoying. I for one would like to file a petition to the creator about changing the rules and letting deep dish pizza be a health food....who is up for signing it?

Old 11-16-2009, 08:47 PM

1,022 posts, read 2,551,474 times
If you're wondering how long it will take to gain noticeable muscle mass, by 8 weeks you should be showing a small amount of new mass. By 6 months the difference should be very noticeable. Again, like others have said, it depends on your diet and your intensity. In order to make the most gains you have to lift heavy and eat heavy. If you're trying to bulk, make sure it's clean. Eat plenty of protein rich foods, and plenty of vegetables. Get a quality protein supplement. Most importantly, REST. Muscles grow during sleep, not in the gym.

Gaining size takes time. I'd say it takes at least a year of consistent and heavy lifting to completely change your physique.

Old 11-17-2009, 07:22 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,164,736 times
If your trying to lose fat gain muscle and you are doing it right you should see small changes in as little as 2 weeks going from nothing to working out at least 5 days a week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness