Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 03:30 AM

6 posts, read 13,604 times

Advertisements

I have not used that but after this post and some opinions i like to know that there is something good for health, so i think that i think let check and then i will tell you. thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2010, 11:53 PM

6 posts, read 13,604 times
Actually i have try different types of whey protein powder and since many times i am using a one brand for my good health and i like that flavor also. It has a good taste and it's chocolate flavored.I hope you would like to try that.Thanks.

Old 03-10-2010, 12:21 AM

415 posts, read 1,778,690 times
You are much better off getting protein from plant sources such as beans, nuts, peas, etc.

And what the heck's wrong with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich? Sheez!

Old 03-10-2010, 01:56 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,055,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy1 View Post
You are much better off getting protein from plant sources such as beans, nuts, peas, etc.

And what the heck's wrong with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich? Sheez!
Whey proteins powders are completely safe and actually absorb quicker and more efficiently than most other means.

Old 10-31-2010, 06:24 AM

5 posts, read 11,050 times
All whey protein is produced the same way--it is the end product of producing cheese, and it contains high levels of protein. There is no brand name that surpasses the other. I buy whey on the price it costs. I lost 42 pounds in three months on whey protein. Whey is healthy, it contains an appetite suppressant, it curbs your hunger and it can be fed to obese kids too. Do not buy whey if it contains large amounts of carbs, (remember that carbs are units of sugar), this high carb kind is for body builders and it is usually labeled muscle milk. Low carb is 8 grams or less. Read the directions.

Old 10-31-2010, 06:28 AM

465 posts, read 463,549 times
Biggest Loser Why Protein Powder?

Wow. Just when you think the gimmicks the fitness industry puts out couldn't possibly get any worse. They do.

I can't believe people are buying this stuff.

Old 10-31-2010, 05:34 PM

60 posts, read 118,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
Fruit has natural sugar.
I agree, a lot of people clump all sugars together similar to how they clumepd trans fats together with saturated fats in the studies saying that both are bad when saturated fats are actually good for you.

Everything in moderation, but eating a good amount of fruits daily isn't comparable to chugging sodas or eating candy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Yeah, because using unflavored protein is practical.
It is if you intend to mix it with stuff. Some flavors of protein don't taste so good with certain foods.

Some of those artificial sweeteners are known to be extremely unhealthy and metabolize into harmful substances inside the body.

And as mentioned, the artificial sweeteners and additives mean you get less actual protein for your money. Not a huge difference but if you buy in bulk it can make a difference.

Plus, if you're drinking protein you're doing it for the health benefits. Suck it up and drink it. It's nice to have good tasting protein but the ones that taste good tend to have lots of extra sugar/fat added (Muscle Milk comes to mind in particular - tasty stuff but extra unwated calories if you just wanted protein).

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziQ666 View Post
it contains an appetite suppressant
Pretty much, it's not that it contains an appetite suppressant, rather protein takes longer for the body to digest (compared to carbohydrates which the average American diet tends to be overloaded with) leaving you satiated for longer.

Whey though is absorbed pretty quickly so people consume it after exercise. Casein is a slower absorbing protein which people drink at night to keep muscles from breaking down. It's possibly more useful for keeping you from wanting to eat between meals to lose weight if that's your goal.

----

If cost isn't so much a concern, you can look into Syntrax Nectar protein. Fairly expensive compared to other proteins/bulk protein but it's actually really good tasting. They have versions with natural sugars instead of artificial sweeteners and it's just straight protein (not a weight gainer).

Old 10-31-2010, 05:36 PM

1,054 posts, read 3,859,127 times
I'm always concerned about where these companies actually get their protein powder. I've read there is a risk of getting protein powder made in China that is contaminated with melamine. But how is one to KNOW where any company is getting their ingredients from?

Old 11-01-2010, 03:41 PM

610 posts, read 1,295,349 times
When it comes to proteins most whey-100 are the same as any whey 100, and most casein are just about the same as all other casein proteins etc. Just find one that you like in terms of taste...

Old 11-01-2010, 03:43 PM

610 posts, read 1,295,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtneer View Post
I'm always concerned about where these companies actually get their protein powder. I've read there is a risk of getting protein powder made in China that is contaminated with melamine. But how is one to KNOW where any company is getting their ingredients from?
You don't... higher quality brand might be produced a bit cleaner, but there is no such thing as a noncontaminated food/supplement in todays society, not even if it's from your own back-yard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness