Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 09:23 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,543,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
The main reason anyone takes it is to lose weight.
That's stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2010, 09:25 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,835,228 times
Do a search here on CD for "HCG Diet" as there is a thread with lots of pros and cons about the diet. 99% cons, 1% pro.

Its a very dangerous diet because you have to inject yourself with the HCG and ONLY eat 500 calories per day. People have to try to order it online because there are no doctors who are affiliated with hospitals who will prescribe this stuff. I spoke with the doctor who is the Chairperson of USC's medical school/hospital, as he has complete oversight of all of the case studies that go on there. He said that NO ONE should take HCG for weight loss.

Old 02-05-2010, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
That's stupid.
I completely agree.

Old 02-05-2010, 09:40 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,120,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Do a search here on CD for "HCG Diet" as there is a thread with lots of pros and cons about the diet. 99% cons, 1% pro.

Its a very dangerous diet because you have to inject yourself with the HCG and ONLY eat 500 calories per day. People have to try to order it online because there are no doctors who are affiliated with hospitals who will prescribe this stuff. I spoke with the doctor who is the Chairperson of USC's medical school/hospital, as he has complete oversight of all of the case studies that go on there. He said that NO ONE should take HCG for weight loss.
Not really true. A lot of people order it online because it is WAY cheaper than going to a clinic. I found 9 of them near where you live alone.

hcg clinics in california - Google Maps

Also, you do not need to inject it. Many people take it sublingualy and get good results.

Old 02-05-2010, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
That's stupid.
Not if you want to lose weight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAeyO...eature=related

Old 02-05-2010, 11:49 AM

1,895 posts, read 3,401,521 times
Quote:
Not really true. A lot of people order it online because it is WAY cheaper than going to a clinic. I found 9 of them near where you live alone.

hcg clinics in california - Google Maps

Also, you do not need to inject it. Many people take it sublingualy and get good results.

stick to being an alcoholic, b/c your info regarding HCG being used to lose weight is wack...

HCG has a few different medical uses, of which none include weight loss.

Old 02-05-2010, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugerjitsu View Post
stick to being an alcoholic, b/c your info regarding HCG being used to lose weight is wack...

HCG has a few different medical uses, of which none include weight loss.
Whatever

HCG Medical - Advanced Medical Weight Loss (http://www.hcgmedical.com/weightloss/ - broken link)

Old 02-05-2010, 02:22 PM

Here's a thread that someone started on HCG Diet. I did a LOT of research on this and it really is the most dangerous unhealthy diet I have ever come across in more than 20 years of working out, training people and being very involved in healthy living. Doctors, nutritionist, weight loss professionals ALL AGREE that this HCG diet protocol is absolutely useless.

I saw so many fraudulent/scam internet sites on this that its far beyond stupid and ridiculous.

People, if you want to lose weight and you can still get up and move - EXERCISE. If you are unable to move, you should see your own MD and not ask around on the internet for "clinics" that give out this self injection of female hormone and 500 calorie per day dangerous diet.

HCG shots for weight loss

Old 02-05-2010, 02:30 PM

1,895 posts, read 3,401,521 times
Quote:
Whatever

HCG Medical - Advanced Medical Weight Loss (http://www.hcgmedical.com/weightloss/ - broken link)

back to the booze bro, promoting this kind of trash will disenfranchise people into believe there's other ways of losing weight besides hard work and a good diet.

this kind of thing has been going on for many many years...pills, drinks, rubber bands, now HCG...something else to make money on.

Old 02-05-2010, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugerjitsu View Post
this kind of thing has been going on for many many years...pills, drinks, rubber bands, now HCG...something else to make money on.
Exactly. I reported to the site administrator about people coming here trying to promote/market/sell/refer HCG because they were getting $$$$ from doing it.

They were creating new CD profiles and posting in almost every city things like "Where can I find HCG in (insert city name)?". Then, they would create a new profile where they would reply "Oh, you can find it here (insert website address)". Shady people and a shady diet. Plus, this 500 calorie per day diet you have to be on while injecting yourself with this stupid stuff is enough by itself to make anyone lose weight. Problem is, you are starving yourself and NOT GETTING YOURSELF HEALTHY!!!

HCG DIET IS THE WORST I HAVE EVER HEARD OF.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness