Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 11:09 AM

739 posts, read 2,262,195 times

Advertisements

Actually I only weigh 140 and im 5-7". Well im only supposed to be 140. Since height determines weight and most men don't like the idea of someone shorter than them weighing more and not being fat.

Old 04-11-2010, 02:38 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad.roper View Post
Actually I only weigh 140 and im 5-7". Well im only supposed to be 140. Since height determines weight and most men don't like the idea of someone shorter than them weighing more and not being fat.
Quote:
what is considered bulky? I am 5-7 and 215 I always considered myself to be skinny.
Quote:
Is it possible to go from 5-6 and 215 with 10% body fat down to 150 lbs with maybe 6% bodyfat and be healthy?
Quote:
I am only 5-11 and 151 lbs.
Quote:
Could I gain 20 lbs on P90X? I only weigh 215.
Please go away.

Old 04-11-2010, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Please go away.
I bet I know more about how exercise works than you do but you probably don't like the idea of that. Answer this. What effect do the receiptors in the joints have on limit strength? And what is the difference between muscular endurance and limit strength?

Old 04-12-2010, 05:41 AM

Quote:
I bet I know more about how exercise works than you do but you probably don't like the idea of that. Answer this. What effect do the receiptors in the joints have on limit strength? And what is the difference between muscular endurance and limit strength?
Give me a hint. Is it more or less than is required to break open a coconut with your bare fist?

Old 04-12-2010, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Give me a hint. Is it more or less than is required to break open a coconut with your bare fist?
If you are trying to intimidate me I should inform you as a powerlifter I possess physical strength many times your own.

Old 04-12-2010, 08:55 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times
Quote:
I bet I know more about how exercise works than you do but you probably don't like the idea of that.
Doesnt matter what you think you know. You have zero credibility on this forum now based on all of your posts.

Id rather have Dr. Conrad Murray administer anesthesia to me than take any workout advice from you.
Id rather go fishing with Scott Peterson than take any workout advice from you.

Old 04-12-2010, 09:17 AM

Quote:
If you are trying to intimidate me I should inform you as a powerlifter I possess physical strength many times your own.
If you are trying to impress me, I should inform you that you are failing.

Old 04-12-2010, 10:17 AM

181 posts, read 598,647 times
Quote:
It seems like everyone is wanting to loose weight and do a lot of endurance sports. At the gym I go to they cater to endurance people they have all kinds of events for them like runs and bicycle stuff and swims and triathetes or whatever they call it. They never have anything for powerlifters. Its discrimination. They never have anything I can participate in its always runs and stuff.
Think about it this way.............

You own a gym in your area and you want to make the most money you can possibly make. Are you going to want to attract more adults who want to just "stay in shape" or more powerlifters? The answer is more adults who just want to "stay in shape" because there are not many PLers who are going to workout at a commercial gym.

I have the same thing at my gym. I am by no means a PLer, but there is only 1 rack at my gym for anything done with a barbell (including barbell curls in the rack!!!!!!!).

One day i was doing deadlifts with about 300 lbs on the bar. After each rep, i would try to slowly bring down the weight because there were a lot of people around me. However, after my set a trainer came over to me and yelled at me to try to be more quiet. I asked him how (135 lbs and 800 lbs make the same noise) and he said something like

"Look bro. I know what you're doing and why you're doing it. It's just that a lot of the older people here complain to me that they can't concentrate because you're making too much noise. When i was your age, i was doing the same stuff that you're doing now and I've seen you get bigger and stronger while working out here. Keep doing your ****, but just try to lower the weight slowly if you can".

That got me thinking that gyms have to cater to the people who will bring in the most revenue. Even though it's sad, it's a matter of doing what's best for oneself as opposed to doing what is best for one's clients. Also, lifts that PLers perform are hard to teach to a complete beginner, so trainers would be putting their trainees at a greater risk for an injury. I know that's not what i typically tend to preach, but lets say they train 10 people a day. I guarantee you at least 3 people won't be able to correctly perform the lift right off the bat, and if they're really uncoordinated they will be at greater risk for injury.

Old 04-12-2010, 11:09 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,922,581 times
Lets call this one a wrap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness