Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 08:37 AM

7,174 posts, read 9,225,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad.roper View Post
This is nonsense its discrimination against powerlifters, bodybuilders, and weightlifters. I can do differential geometry, topology, and calculus, fly airplanes, I have a 18" telescope, and I am a machinist. How many runners do that. They hired a runner where I work he worked exactly 4 hours. He said everything was "too heavy". I was showing him how to change a tool I showed him how to get it out of the turret and handed it to him he couldn't even hold onto it. He dropped it on the floor and said it was "too heavy" It only weighed about 160 lbs thats light.
But you're the one throwing out the prejuducial statements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad.roper;
Powerlifters get more women, are usually smarter, and don't have as many bone issues and strength issues when they get old. Runners can't get any women because they are bony.
In my experience, women seem to be attracted to "athletic" builds. But even that is wrong. If you dress well and wear it well, women find THAT attractive. When it comes to choosing men, women have a different set of criteria than we do choosing women. I'm not saying I understand women. I'm saying powerlifters vs. runners isn't even in the ballpark!

As to brains, you can't make a blanket statement like that. The most intelligent person I know weighs over 300 lbs and is very obese not fit. Does that mean obese people are smarter than fit people? Of course not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2010, 12:59 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,639,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad.roper View Post
Which one is better? Powerlifters get more women, are usually smarter, and don't have as many bone issues and strength issues when they get old. Runners can't get any women because they are bony.
Spoken like someone who wears his insecurity on his sleeve. Do you know what's funny about runners who badmouth bodybuilders as a bunch of steroid-taking morons? It's that they too wear their insecurity on their sleeve. Maybe instead of worrying about whether powerlifters are "better" than runners, you might want to learn to like who you are without feeling the need to put down some "rival" group. IMO, that's why some bodybuilders and powerlifters are pathetic. Their self-esteem comes from their strength and muscle size. Sad.

Old 04-05-2010, 03:07 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,929,427 times
It's just a troll, people (a troll that trolls A LOT--look at its other posts). Just let it die.

Old 04-05-2010, 06:11 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,953,056 times
There is some benefit to being a powerlifter though. Mr. Roper bench presses 450 lbs and was drafted by the Red Sox right out of high school. They saw he was an expert at catching balls with his face/chin.

Old 04-06-2010, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
There is some benefit to being a powerlifter though. Mr. Roper bench presses 450 lbs and was drafted by the Red Sox right out of high school. They saw he was an expert at catching balls with his face/chin.
Hey! I used to be able to catch balls with my face in HS. Well, at least stop them.

Old 04-06-2010, 07:59 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,953,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by locolobo13 View Post
Hey! I used to be able to catch balls with my face in HS. Well, at least stop them.
LOL. I dont think you were catching the same type of balls as ol Mr Roper there loco.

Old 04-06-2010, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
LOL. I dont think you were catching the same type of balls as ol Mr Roper there loco.
OH! The light dawns. LOL. You're right. I was referring to baseballs. I was a fair shortstop. Couldn't catch the ball with my hands, but I could almost always stop it with something.

Old 04-06-2010, 09:40 AM

550 posts, read 1,214,754 times
And here is a proof Mr roper is a troll that should not be fed anymore.
//www.city-data.com/forum/13607178-post14.html

Old 04-06-2010, 09:54 AM

7,841 posts, read 18,995,793 times
chad.roper wrote:
powerlifters vs runners.
This makes no sense to me. Powerlifters and runners are not in competition with one another. Powerlifters compete agasint other powerlifters, and runners compete against other runners. When I was in my teens and early 20s I did both powerlifting AND running. I never perceived them as mutually exclusive. It has never been an either - or issue for me.

Last edited by CosmicWizard; 04-06-2010 at 10:24 AM..

Old 04-06-2010, 10:19 AM

964 posts, read 3,160,080 times
Lol, topic creator walked in with crumbs and left out with a buffet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness