Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 10:00 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,256,290 times

Advertisements

Being able to do more than one push up is hardly obsessed. Ridiculous is not being able to do one push up and then yelling at everyone else for it.

You are not healthy, period. If you don't want to talk about or improve it why are you even posting in a fitness forum?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2010, 10:12 AM

3,322 posts, read 7,970,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ny101 View Post
I'm a 37 year old male and can't do a pushup. What's the big deal? People on here think it's ok to personally attack me for that. Is the only important thing to some how many pushups you can do?
Seriously, you are pathetic. If you can't do a single push up that pretty much means you have zero arm and chest strength and/or you are a big tub of lard.

Not saying you have to do at least 25 but at least a few.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny101 View Post
It's because idiots reported me and my posts were removed.
I insult people often on here, (as shown above) without getting a single post removed or edited. You just do not know how to insult someone with breaking the rules and that is your own fault.

Old 04-23-2010, 10:18 AM

628 posts, read 2,044,592 times
well I'm a girl but I can't do one one my toes push up and I can handle an hour plus of intense cardio (combat, attack, step etc)--I also cannot do even one tri-cept push up even on my knees--I do lift light weights but what'ev I can keep up with the rest of them cardio wise so no biggie

Old 04-23-2010, 11:24 AM

3,322 posts, read 7,970,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlbuffalo1 View Post
well I'm a girl but I can't do one one my toes push up and I can handle an hour plus of intense cardio (combat, attack, step etc)--I also cannot do even one tri-cept push up even on my knees--I do lift light weights but what'ev I can keep up with the rest of them cardio wise so no biggie
Massive difference. Have you ever tried to do elevated pushups? Might be easier for you.

Old 04-23-2010, 01:11 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,256,290 times
Come on...I don't lift weights and I can do 25 in a row easily. I am a chick and do not have much muscle on my chest at all. Do not do those elevated ones unless you want to break you teeth off the floor. I had to start by just holding my weight in the up position, slightly lowered (bent slightly at elbows to start to the down part but don't go all the way). Keeping the back strait and hold at least 2 minutes. When that gets easy hold it for 5 minutes. When that gets easy start to try doing them.

I don't know if there is a name for that...hold ups? LOL

Well they work.

Random: Your cardio would kill me. LOL I am really terrible for that right now.

Old 04-23-2010, 02:25 PM

29,740 posts, read 34,372,211 times
Quote:
I don't know if there is a name for that...hold ups? LOL
Planks.

Old 04-23-2010, 03:57 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,638,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Being able to do more than one push up is hardly obsessed. Ridiculous is not being able to do one push up and then yelling at everyone else for it.

You are not healthy, period. If you don't want to talk about or improve it why are you even posting in a fitness forum?
Exactly. If you can't even do one push up, then maybe you should be out trying to improve your fitness, not coming to a message board to whine about it.

Old 05-13-2010, 06:23 PM

2 posts, read 5,856 times
Are you serious??? Unless you have no arms at all, then there is no excuse to not be able to do at least one pushup...why would you come complain on exercise and fitness forums about how bad of shape you are in?

Old 05-17-2010, 05:17 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,479,291 times
This is what you do. Or this is how I got good at doing them. I started out bu putting my feet wide apart, and just going down a little bit. I did so every day and when it got easier I put my feet closer together and went down a little lower. After about 3 weeks I could go all the way down to the floor with my feet and legs together, straight as an arrow. I could at one time do around 45 push-ups. Now, I can barely do 10, but that's another story.

Old 05-17-2010, 11:51 PM

2,593 posts, read 4,238,148 times
I saw this thread earlier & asked my 4-yr. old niece how many push ups she could do. She dropped and gave me 7 lol & they were even proper push ups too. If a 4-yr. old girl could outdo you in a pushup contest, that's pathetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness