Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 06:51 PM

52 posts, read 97,453 times

Advertisements

stay healthy and feel great
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2010, 07:05 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,797,363 times
I want to be healthy

I want to wear a bikini this summer

Old 04-20-2010, 08:10 PM

982 posts, read 3,486,651 times
I exercise to stay in shape and alleviate stress. I work out 6 days per week, typically 90 minutes to 2 hours each day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnosis View Post
I am normal weight and always try to exercise every week, 2 hrs. There are different things that motivate me, even simple things, like just by looking at a person that's obese can motivate me because I do not want to be like them. I know what happens when people become lazy and gain weight, they are unable to lose that weight because they gain too much. If I do not feel like exercising on a particular day all I do is go to yahoo or google images and look at pictures of people that are obese and I am automatically motivated.

Old 04-20-2010, 08:15 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,032,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnosis View Post
I am normal weight and always try to exercise every week, 2 hrs. There are different things that motivate me, even simple things, like just by looking at a person that's obese can motivate me because I do not want to be like them. I know what happens when people become lazy and gain weight, they are unable to lose that weight because they gain too much. If I do not feel like exercising on a particular day all I do is go to yahoo or google images and look at pictures of people that are obese and I am automatically motivated.
I run five times a week for a half hour at a time. I'm running to keep up with fading youth, and at the same time I'm running to keep away from death. Oh sure, I'll eventually lose. But I'll put up a helluva fight.

Old 04-21-2010, 10:13 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,953,056 times
Sometimes, I have these dreams that are so vibrant and real that inspires me to get up even earlier to workout/run or workout harder.

The other night I had a dream where I measured my waist and it was 40". I though "Holy s***!!, I am going to die!!". I got up at 5:00am that morning and did an little extra tough workout. I felt amazing afterwards.

Another video that motivates:

YouTube - CrossFit Athlete Profile: Libby Dibiase

Old 04-21-2010, 03:18 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,639,558 times
I have a lot of reasons to exercise.

1. To stay healthy. Even if you have health insurance, getting sick is expensive, not just in terms of money, but also in lost time.

2. To stay in shape. It feels lousy to be out of shape. You feel tired, less capable, and your clothes don't fit as well. Plus, sex is better when you're in shape.

3. To look good. Growing old isn't always fun and there are a lot of things you can't prevent. But exercise really does slow the aging process, unless of course you do too much.

4. To relieve stress. If I have a bad day at work or leftover road rage, I can usually alleviate it by exercising.

5. To put myself into a healthier mindset. Eating healthy isn't always easy, especially if you're under stress and/or surrounded by temptations. But whenever I exercise in the morning, I have a much easier time eating healthy.

Old 04-22-2010, 04:08 PM

7,841 posts, read 18,995,793 times
Ditto to Denny Crane above!

Old 04-26-2010, 01:06 PM

3 posts, read 13,942 times
Having a workout partner is my motivation. It's hard to skip a workout when someone is counting on you to work out with them.

Old 04-26-2010, 03:24 PM

992 posts, read 2,372,908 times
I am done with feeling bad for myself!

I exercise because I:
want a healthy lifestyle
want to be stronger
want to be leaner
want to spite all of the a*holes that once called me "fat".
want to feel accomplished

I am loving my active lifestyle now...I've ditched the car, and I walk my kids to and from school; I work out 2 hours a day, eat healthy, don't smoke, don't drink. I am happier and less anxious than I've ever been.

Old 04-26-2010, 03:41 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,590,031 times
I usually just have extra mental tension and neurotic energy I need to burn off towards the end of the day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness