Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 12:53 PM

1,437 posts, read 3,775,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlecrazy View Post
Yeah, that's exactly what I said. I DON'T half-ass anything anymore. I'd rather go for a long walk or spend a few hours at the gym than stare more at the TV, after I've been staring at my computer screen all day.

I work out every day of the week...so I am not sure where my excuses are coming from. I never watch TV when I get home.
P90X is not exactly "watching tv". Once you learn the routines you barely look at the tv if you are working hard enough, you just listen and follow along to what Tony is doing. I don't even know what's on the tv during Plyo, I'm too busy wiping the sweat out of my eyes and catching my breath. It's basically like having a personal trainer, but instead of him being there in person telling you what to do, he's on your tv.

But I do understand the desire to be outside exercising rather than inside. I despise treadmills/exercise bikes. I can't go more than 15 mins on those things out of sheer boredom. But I can go for a run outside for an hour and enjoy every minute. But I do find p90x interesting enough to not get bored (except for 90 mins of yoga...yuck. I replace yoga day with a 5 mile run).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2010, 10:15 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,926,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugatu View Post
P90X is not exactly "watching tv". Once you learn the routines you barely look at the tv if you are working hard enough, you just listen and follow along to what Tony is doing. I don't even know what's on the tv during Plyo, I'm too busy wiping the sweat out of my eyes and catching my breath. It's basically like having a personal trainer, but instead of him being there in person telling you what to do, he's on your tv.

But I do understand the desire to be outside exercising rather than inside. I despise treadmills/exercise bikes. I can't go more than 15 mins on those things out of sheer boredom. But I can go for a run outside for an hour and enjoy every minute. But I do find p90x interesting enough to not get bored (except for 90 mins of yoga...yuck. I replace yoga day with a 5 mile run).

hahaha I agree 100% on the yoga part, just try telling your indian girlfriend that yoga is lame :P

Old 06-01-2010, 05:41 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,329,722 times
Hi guys, I've decided to start and I have some questions.

1. Is p90x strictly for definition and tone? Will it add no mass at all? Or will it add some mass in addition to toning and hardening the muscles?
2. Based on the videos I've seen, it's EXTREMELY intensive - in addition to at least 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight, what else is the diet like?
3. How long did it take you guys to really start seeing your abs?

I am not a beginner. I have been lifting weights for about 4 years straight; I just finished a strength routine in the winter (did the same in the winter of 2008-2009) and have been cutting since late Feb.

I lost 22 lbs of fat since the end of February; my system includes a 4-day hypertrophy split and 3 to 4 days of cardio.

Final question: does p90x use NO cardio at all?

Old 06-05-2010, 10:59 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,630,499 times
P90X uses lots of cardio.

Old 06-07-2010, 11:20 AM

204 posts, read 875,667 times
I am on my first rest/recovery day of the program. I just started it last Tuesday and my entire body is still sore; but in a good way! I am loving this program! I'm an athletic person who was formerly in great shape but let myself go the past couple of years and put on some lbs that I need to get rid of! I was afraid this might be too much for me stepping back into an exercise routine but I was able to do the fit test and I was able to do all of the videos in my first week. That's not to say it was easy; by no means and it requires lots of focus and determination. I am able to tell an almost immediate impact on my energy levels. I feel better than I can remember even though I'm sore all over lol. I'm actually loving the videos so much I'm a little sad that today is a recovery day (although I'm sure the newness will wear off a couple weeks in lol and discipline will be very important). Just wanted to put in my 2 cents on my experience so far. I'll keep updating as I continue to use the program.

Old 08-13-2010, 10:39 AM

621 posts, read 1,615,248 times
My fiance and i are on day 63 of the program.. this thing is no joke if you follow it. I have lost 17 lbs so far, still about 6 more to my goal. I can definitly tell a difference.. Tony can get a little annoying at times, but if you are working hard enough you barely notice him. Plyometrics is my favorite.. in a sick sadistic way..

Old 08-13-2010, 10:44 AM

550 posts, read 1,355,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbird2000 View Post
My fiance and i are on day 63 of the program.. this thing is no joke if you follow it. I have lost 17 lbs so far, still about 6 more to my goal. I can definitly tell a difference.. Tony can get a little annoying at times, but if you are working hard enough you barely notice him. Plyometrics is my favorite.. in a sick sadistic way..
I quote Tony a lot during the day

"Drink your water people!"

Old 08-16-2010, 01:53 AM

214 posts, read 705,500 times
Yes, and it is a great workout. However, Almost any workout plan you do for an hour a day, 6 days a week, for 90 days straight will get you into shape.

Old 08-16-2010, 02:15 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
I love this program. What's irritating to me is the repetitive nature. By week three, you can quote what Tony's saying right back at him...that makes it snoozeyfesty.

More fun with friends!

Old 08-16-2010, 02:17 AM

214 posts, read 705,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I love this program. What's irritating to me is the repetitive nature. By week three, you can quote what Tony's saying right back at him...that makes it snoozeyfesty.

More fun with friends!

Very true! He works best on mute after week 3!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness