Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Fairbanks
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 09:19 PM

1,425 posts, read 1,386,985 times

Advertisements

You, stupid fat b**ch in a gray rustling jacket, who brought your old sneezing and coughing husband in rustling jacket and two dumb girls in rustling jackets to Davis Concert Hall today!
You, who are so fat you can't even bend to speak into your grandkids ears so you speak loud!
You who is so ignorant of you grandkids interests and abilities that you don't know that these two monkeys are too stupid to be taken to symphony concerts, but vivid enough to keep kicking my chair for two hours!
You, who would start making noises with the first sound of music, and never attempt to wait for a little pause between Allegro and Adagio to move your rustling fat butt,
You, and hundreds of others like her who can't separate with their winter gear,
STAY HOME!!!!!
You, whose beautiful kids have ADHD and don't have any clue of how to behave,
STAY HOME!!!!
You who have cold, tuberculosis, ebola, running nose, itchy ass, scratchy scalp,
STAY HOME!!!!
People go to concerts to listen to the music, not to your stupid conversations, sneezes, coats, cell phones, candy wrappings, baby crying, etc.!
People go to concerts not because they want to watch how successfully you teach your dumb kids how to behave.
STAY HOME!!!
Next time, I'll go to the concert in a collar like this:

Only I would make it soundproof from behind.

Or, I'll wear this:

Otherwise, I'll bite!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2014, 09:48 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times
What's a rustling coat?

I've never witnessed this sort of thing at the symphony or even seen children there. Was it some sort of family day or something?

Old 11-09-2014, 10:08 PM

3,328 posts, read 2,271,596 times
That sounds extremely aggravating. I've been to more than one movie where someone there seemed to think they were the only one on the planet, given the amount of noise they were making. Guess the rest of us were supposed to figure out it's their world, and we're all just living in it.

That collar ought to at least give you some space.

Old 11-10-2014, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjs123 View Post
That sounds extremely aggravating. I've been to more than one movie where someone there seemed to think they were the only one on the planet, given the amount of noise they were making. Guess the rest of us were supposed to figure out it's their world, and we're all just living in it.

That collar ought to at least give you some space.
With movie, you can switch rooms, wait for the next show time, or move freely around the room. I have season tickets with seats printed on them. I hope this party doesn't! And, it's symphony! it was a clarinet concert, and clarinet is subtle, so the orchestra was playing relatively quietly. Even my DH who usually tolerate people's behavior way better than I do was really unhappy.
Thanks for understanding!

Old 11-10-2014, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
What's a rustling coat?
It's a warm coat, polyester fabrics on the outside, usually down or some other insulation inside. When a person moves, it rustles.

Quote:
I've never witnessed this sort of thing at the symphony or even seen children there. Was it some sort of family day or something?
Lucky you. I experience it every time. I mean, every time I go there. No, it wasn't a family day, it was a regular concert with a guest soloist, a girl with a clarinet. It was relatively quiet music, so every movement, would they open a blister with chewing gum, or turn pages of some magazine they had, or move their bodies, was well audible. There were plenty of vacant seats around, so it was not a problem, to take their jackets/coats off and put them aside. But no, they were just a bunch of jerks who don't have any respect for others as well as to the music and musicians.

Old 11-10-2014, 02:26 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times
Children shouldn't be expected to sit through symphony performances unless they're music students, and what on Earth are babies doing there? Have you considered discussing the behavior of these vulgarians with the venue management?

Old 11-10-2014, 02:30 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyMeAK View Post
You, stupid fat b**ch in a gray rustling jacket, who brought your old sneezing and coughing husband in rustling jacket and two dumb girls in rustling jackets to Davis Concert Hall today!
You, who are so fat you can't even bend to speak into your grandkids ears so you speak loud!
You who is so ignorant of you grandkids interests and abilities that you don't know that these two monkeys are too stupid to be taken to symphony concerts, but vivid enough to keep kicking my chair for two hours!
You, who would start making noises with the first sound of music, and never attempt to wait for a little pause between Allegro and Adagio to move your rustling fat butt,
You, and hundreds of others like her who can't separate with their winter gear,
STAY HOME!!!!!
You, whose beautiful kids have ADHD and don't have any clue of how to behave,
STAY HOME!!!!
You who have cold, tuberculosis, ebola, running nose, itchy ass, scratchy scalp,
STAY HOME!!!!
People go to concerts to listen to the music, not to your stupid conversations, sneezes, coats, cell phones, candy wrappings, baby crying, etc.!
People go to concerts not because they want to watch how successfully you teach your dumb kids how to behave.
STAY HOME!!!
Next time, I'll go to the concert in a collar like this:

Only I would make it soundproof from behind.

Or, I'll wear this:

Otherwise, I'll bite!
Purchase better seats.
Notify security and have them take care of the seat kicking issue.
Be sure you are absolutely positively perfect every moment of every day before you degrade someone else.

It is very doubtful that the "Noisy Jerks" you are seeking to tell how to live their lives, where they can go, what they can do and how dumb their misbehaving children are will see this thread.

Old 11-10-2014, 06:13 AM

5,718 posts, read 7,259,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyMeAK View Post

Or, I'll wear this:

Otherwise, I'll bite!

Couldn't help but think of this cartoon that I saw recently:

Sorry you had a bad time at the concert.

Old 11-10-2014, 07:41 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,611,960 times
Ain't that somethin'! I had no idea Alaska even had symphonies! I mighta accidentally wandered in there with my horse in tow and thought there was gonna be an ol' fashion hoedown! How about that?

Old 11-10-2014, 10:45 AM

3,888 posts, read 4,542,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Purchase better seats.
Notify security and have them take care of the seat kicking issue.
Be sure you are absolutely positively perfect every moment of every day before you degrade someone else.

It is very doubtful that the "Noisy Jerks" you are seeking to tell how to live their lives, where they can go, what they can do and how dumb their misbehaving children are will see this thread.
Hey I don't blame the OP for ranting. There are some people who are over the top rude out there sometimes. I didn't get OP was looking for perfection.

Although I agree with you about notifying security. I would have been out of my seat and seeking management within a few minutes of of the disruption and seat kicking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Fairbanks