Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Fairbanks
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 03:52 PM

1,931 posts, read 2,170,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by It is 57 below zero View Post
For someone coming from California, the cost of living in Alaska would probably be a piece of cake. Alaska is expensive, but California's COL is higher.

As others have said, Alaska has many bugs and mosquitoes though, particularly during the summer.

As far as humidity goes, the western region, the interior region, and the north slope are sometimes dry, so Alaska may not get a lot of humidity, at least not in the regions I mentioned.
I live in western AK and guess what...The humidity is pretty high. Not GA high, but high enough to where I have to run a dehumidifier.

As far as cost of living. I pay $1800 month for a small house with less than 1k sq feet.
I pay $7 for a gallon of gas.
I pay about $10 for a pound of ground beef.
It cost me $1000 to go to Anchorage for a weekend.
It cost me $2500 to get my car to my town.
I could go on. Alaska's bush communities are possibly the highest cost of living in the country (and I have lived in SoCal and Hawaii). Anchorage would be compareable to other places, but the bush is a whole different ball game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2015, 11:41 PM

4 posts, read 5,144 times
No Alaska or Wisconsin? Wyoming or Idaho? Flagstaff, AZ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Fairbanks