U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Fairbanks
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2019, 10:45 PM

57 posts, read 21,414 times

Advertisements

So looks like i figured how to post in which city but how can it keep tabs on what I've posted and can i keep tabs on post I've commented in?one person commented on one of my post, i didn't get a email i just randomly saw it,what if I'm away from here for a few days do i have to troll for my old post and places I've post please help #help
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2019, 10:57 PM

2,207 posts, read 2,195,861 times
Navigate out of the discussion thread to the main Alaska forum, for example, then scroll all the way down as far as you can and look on the Lefty-Loosey side of the page.

There will be some icons that look like envelopes and whatall down there. It's sort of like a legend for a map... Each icon means something slightly different. One of them has a little arrow on the envelope and if you see that one on the left side of the page next to one of the threads, that means that you've posted in that thread. If the title of the thread is bold blue, it means that there are new posts there for you to read.

Does that make sense?

Old 10-19-2019, 10:59 PM

But yes, if you're looking in the Alaska forum, you should just troll for your posts. There are not very many of us and there is not a whole lot to keep track of, although I can see that you're working to change that

Old 10-19-2019, 11:07 PM

Lol yeah this is fun i just keep coming up with stuff ,the explanation sounded painful but i msged customer service and I doubt ill hear back they just replied thank you for your feedback i guess they didn't get the serious nature of my emergency but with millions of users i doubt they can get back to everyone anyway I'll reread your advice and try to get it to work thank you.

Old 10-19-2019, 11:18 PM

Well, when and if you hear back from this mysterious "customer service" organization, I am pretty sure their response will not include such plain English as "righty-tighty" and "lefty-loosey." Me, however? I am here to help.

So, who is the local celebrity you mentioned that's coming back to town? The biggest news we've had in years is Curry the goat.

Old 10-19-2019, 11:25 PM

I'll Google the goat but the mystery person is someone who generated alot of publicity albeit all negative but he loves the bush and maintains his innocence even as guilty as he looks,he had to take a petty charge cause due to his records he didn't feel he'd get a fair shake at trial that's about all I can say without giving it away,,,once he's spotted back Facebook and here will light up for awhile

Old 10-19-2019, 11:32 PM

Googled the goat good story nice they are thinking to put him to use as a mascot for incarcerated coming back into society,the guy I'm talking about probably won't get that kind of warm fuzzyness stirred up in people,we all kinda believe what we see on TV and assume it's the truth and when there other situations it makes it harder for you to believe a person is randomly innocent of a gazillion different things but as adults we should know some people just get the wrong end of the stick

Old 10-20-2019, 12:03 AM

Just made a post to get a moderator and noticed at the bottom of the post I can click to get instant email updates of my post now just need to fix my spelling in my name

Old 10-20-2019, 12:06 AM

Also looks like on someone's else's post you can go to go advanced next to post and sign up for instant emails

Old 10-20-2019, 12:10 AM

Also looks like you can go to subscribed forums on the middle of the top of the pages and click it and you can add Alaska Fairbanks and Anchorage or where ever you want then just click on the tab when I do that it list mine first but that might just be because I'm keeping them active
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Fairbanks
View detailed profiles of: