Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Fairbanks
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 07:25 AM

6,994 posts, read 12,736,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda090786 View Post
Ok, number one she is married to military. My husband and I are stationed in Anchorage. I know that eventually we are going to come across some crappy bases, BUT I knew what I was doing when I married him and will stand by him in whatever is ahead. What happened to that, standing by one another in decisions and being supportive? Divorce rate is up 50% in the last 10 years. What dependants have such a hard time is learning that they married military, they might-as-well have signed their name on that dotted line too. I just don't get it, you have these dependants worrying about "I don't have friends there," "I'm so far away from home" blah blah blah! It isn't about being away from home or whatever it is getting off your ass and finding positive ways to make the best of it and nagging and fighting with each other should not be it! I'm sorry I think most people should know when they marry someone in the military they marry the military as well. If she can't stand by your side when you joined for a better life and support your family, she needs to take a good look in the mirror and you both need to rethink your marriage!!! What I am trying to say is you have to support her but if she isn't doing her part then it will never work!
Rep'd ya on this one!!! well said and it goes as well for non military....life's an adventure...get out of the comfort zone and enjoy it!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2009, 09:49 AM

1,629 posts, read 5,382,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda090786 View Post
Ok, number one she is married to military. My husband and I are stationed in Anchorage. I know that eventually we are going to come across some crappy bases, BUT I knew what I was doing when I married him and will stand by him in whatever is ahead. What happened to that, standing by one another in decisions and being supportive? Divorce rate is up 50% in the last 10 years. What dependants have such a hard time is learning that they married military, they might-as-well have signed their name on that dotted line too. I just don't get it, you have these dependants worrying about "I don't have friends there," "I'm so far away from home" blah blah blah! It isn't about being away from home or whatever it is getting off your ass and finding positive ways to make the best of it and nagging and fighting with each other should not be it! I'm sorry I think most people should know when they marry someone in the military they marry the military as well. If she can't stand by your side when you joined for a better life and support your family, she needs to take a good look in the mirror and you both need to rethink your marriage!!! What I am trying to say is you have to support her but if she isn't doing her part then it will never work!

Miranda, sorry to be so frank, but are you a psycho b^&ch!!??

It's great that this man isn't some a$$hole that simply says, b&^ch you're coming with me or we are divorcing.

Who the hell are you to say whether the OP needs to rethink about his marriage, you are pathetic and probally just bitter about your own marriage.

The last few lines in your post were really inappropriate.

If more people would care about their partner's desires as much as the OP does, there wouldn't be so many divorces and unhappy marriages.

Old 10-17-2009, 10:52 AM

3,539 posts, read 7,652,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflames50 View Post
Rep'd ya on this one!!! well said and it goes as well for non military....life's an adventure...get out of the comfort zone and enjoy it!!
I rep'd her too, and woulda rep'ed you too but for that spreading the material requirement...

Old 10-17-2009, 06:24 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,434,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonotastic View Post
Miranda, sorry to be so frank, but are you a psycho b^&ch!!??

It's great that this man isn't some a$$hole that simply says, b&^ch you're coming with me or we are divorcing.

Who the hell are you to say whether the OP needs to rethink about his marriage, you are pathetic and probally just bitter about your own marriage.

The last few lines in your post were really inappropriate.

If more people would care about their partner's desires as much as the OP does, there wouldn't be so many divorces and unhappy marriages.
Excellent post!!

Old 10-17-2009, 11:17 PM

1,923 posts, read 4,715,542 times
We were stationed on Adak Island back in 1992 - 1993. We loved Alaska so much that when my husband was medically retired we moved back! We have lived here since 1996. Fairbanks is fantastic!

Good Luck!

Old 03-24-2016, 01:43 AM

1 posts, read 1,054 times
I would like to know if ft wainwright do you receive a BAS allowance and COLA or just COLA really the biggest question I have on it.

Old 03-24-2016, 08:03 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,179,500 times
Unless I am wrong, this is a very old thread from 2009?

Anyway, as far as I know non-Alaska residents in the military receive both COLA and HOLA when stationed in Alaska.

Old 03-26-2016, 12:07 AM

4,715 posts, read 10,519,308 times
And there is even a web site that tells you what to expect for service members... So you know ahead of time EXACTLY what to expect, money wise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Fairbanks