Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 06:10 AM

394 posts, read 1,169,088 times

Advertisements

Goldmark is all tied up with the unpopular Republican senator, Rick Berg.

Did you have something to back that up? Or is that your opinion? Seems to me if he was so unpopular he wouldn't be a congressman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2012, 02:49 PM

7 posts, read 38,427 times
uh, I believe members of his family own Goldmark.

Old 09-09-2012, 08:50 PM

394 posts, read 1,169,088 times
uh, yeah you are correct. I was talking about the unpopular part of the post. Not his ownership in Goldmark.

Old 09-27-2012, 01:42 PM

419 posts, read 1,396,227 times
From salon.com this week:
U.S. Senate - Salon.com
From the article:
"The company, Goldmark Property Management, had earned a bad reputation in the state, along with tenant complaints, citations for alleged fire safety violations, and a C- rating from the Better business Bureau."

Old 01-31-2013, 02:44 PM

419 posts, read 1,396,227 times
Default And another reason:

Goldmark Tenants Left in the Cold - Valley News Live - KVLY/KXJB - Fargo/Grand Forks

Thermostats are set to 90, with interior temps of 58; maintenance crew says there's nothing wrong with the heat.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:52 AM

3,120 posts, read 8,061,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchinnd View Post
Goldmark Tenants Left in the Cold - Valley News Live - KVLY/KXJB - Fargo/Grand Forks

Thermostats are set to 90, with interior temps of 58; maintenance crew says there's nothing wrong with the heat.
The comments looked like essential reading for anyone considering renting from them. It sounds like one of the biggest problems is that they own an inordinately large percentage of the properties in the area.

Old 04-12-2016, 03:54 PM

1 posts, read 2,160 times
What are the chances of getting a apartment with them if your credit is poor but you have a co-signer with good credit

Old 08-07-2016, 09:27 PM

26 posts, read 51,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wandamae64 View Post
What are the chances of getting a apartment with them if your credit is poor but you have a co-signer with good credit
Probably fine, but I'd avoid Goldmark at all costs. I had a really bad experience with them in Grand Forks. When I tried to call them out on it, they wanted to cover the whole thing up. I won't go on about it here because I'm not sure what the rules are, but I'd seriously avoid them if you have a choice.

Old 04-14-2017, 05:34 PM

1 posts, read 1,651 times
They are still stealing people's money and it's 2017.. completely ridiculous, rude and obnoxious people in my experience who are very money hungry. They will tell you they have a new president and things have changed.. anything you want to hear to get you to sign.. a total lie! Don't trust them. I would never recommend anyone to rent an apartment or buy from them unless you have good attorney with you, they are deceitful.. I didn't mind them stealing our deposit. That's just standard from the 15 or so people I know who have rented from them, none ever got back the deposit. I usually try to leave good reviews but Gold Mark is horrible though and through. A lot of real estate companies are bad but they definitely lower the bar big time..

Old 04-16-2017, 09:42 PM

628 posts, read 1,436,247 times
My sister lost her deposit to Goldmark. They said the apartment was in bad shape upon move-out. I saw her place after they cleaned it out and it looked immaculate. Since Goldmark is still in business and it is 2017 as ^ that post stated and also Rick Berg is a pile of $π!† we can all come to the conclusion that corruption is to blame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo