Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 05:21 AM

3 posts, read 49,258 times

Advertisements

I am relocating to Fargo next month. I have accepted a job at one of the large healthcare facilities. My issue is...... I am looking for an apartment that does NOT check credit or that credit issues are not an issue. My divorce will be finalized soon and I have delinquencies due to this process. I am in the process of working on my credit, however it still greatly impacts my ability to get approved for an apartment.

While I was in Fargo last week most of the apartments I visited (though I'm sure not all in the area) were managed by Goldmark and they require credit checks. Sterling only has certain buildings that don't require a credit check, but only has a 3 bedroom available in one of those buildings. I only need an efficiency or 1 bedroom apartment.

If anyone knows any apartments that DOES NOT require a credit check please let me know. I can always stay at an extended stay, but that is the very last resort!

Thanks in advance!!

Kesha

Last edited by nursekesha; 05-16-2012 at 05:23 AM.. Reason: correct title
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2012, 07:35 AM

419 posts, read 1,396,521 times
Have you looked at the site www.apartmentshq.com? It basically is a compilation of many of the classified ads from the local paper, The Forum. You really, really don't want to rent from Goldmark anyway; they're notorious for bad treatment of tenants, keeping rental deposits without cause, etc.
You may have more flexibility w/ smaller landlords like Van Raden or Skaff. Those won't be the newer buildings, but they may work for you.

Old 05-16-2012, 08:17 AM

I have and I haven't seen much. Goldmark is everywhere! Thanks for the heads up on them. I will definitely check with Van Raden or Skaff!

Thanks!

Old 05-16-2012, 08:26 AM

419 posts, read 1,396,521 times
Perhaps one more to try:
RKAK Realty & Property Management, Inc - Home
I know that they rent to a number of college students in Moorhead. And in my neighborhood they've rented to a refugee family, who obviously wouldn't yet have a credit history.

Old 05-16-2012, 09:31 AM

Thanks Ducthinnd!! I just called RKAK and they have just what I'm looking for!!

Old 05-19-2012, 04:10 PM

35 posts, read 96,697 times
Avoid Goldmark like the plague. The "Gold Standard" is fools gold.
RKAK, as you've found, doesn't seem to check credit. I haven't heard anything bad about them either, so that's a good sign. They tend to have kinda-lower-end stuff, but if they take care of it and their renters, that's all that matters.

Old 06-02-2012, 04:39 PM

10 posts, read 81,114 times
Any updates? My wife and I will be moving to Fargo from Michigan as soon as we can find a place. Not sure that we have to worry about credit checks, but just making sure we can find something without becoming homeless once we get there.

Here is our situation:

We are both 39 wife and have been looking for an affordable one bedroom or studio in Fargo (Downtown would be GREAT!). We have one Adult (senior) litter-trained/declawed/fixed cat which is making it difficult to find a place. We can move ANYTIME as it is only 14 hours drive, but need to find a place before just packing up everything. We were hoping to find something that is month to month or week to week but willing to sign a lease if we can get in.
Not sure our credit is good at this point and we just want to move to a SAFE place with people that have values and respect family again (no more Vegas, Boston, Detroit, etc).

Any suggestions, help?

Old 06-08-2012, 04:21 PM

I tried some of the places listen and nothing at the moment. I have seen suggestions of driving around to find places that will not check credit and maybe do month to month or cash basis, but am hoping someone can list a general idea of what area and/or streets would be best for that? I am currently staying at Grand Inn Fargo and hoping to find a place for my wife and I (and cat) soon without credit checks as we just moved here and are lining up interviews so it makes it difficult to find a place.

Old 06-08-2012, 06:00 PM

635 posts, read 1,655,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winningjob View Post
I tried some of the places listen and nothing at the moment. I have seen suggestions of driving around to find places that will not check credit and maybe do month to month or cash basis, but am hoping someone can list a general idea of what area and/or streets would be best for that? I am currently staying at Grand Inn Fargo and hoping to find a place for my wife and I (and cat) soon without credit checks as we just moved here and are lining up interviews so it makes it difficult to find a place.
Try Craigslist. I have seen some that will take small dog/cats and some that just take cats. So far I have heard Goldmark has a bad reputation...might be a good idea to steer clear of them.

Old 06-08-2012, 10:41 PM

Thanks Molly! I'll for sure try craigslist. I was going to post an ad on there myself, but they will not let me validate and ad without a landline (I use MagicJackPlus through computer) and my cell phone is pay as you virgin mobile...so neither is acceptable by craigslist. I'll keep looking!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo
View detailed profiles of: