Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 02:29 PM

6 posts, read 18,987 times

Advertisements

That might be a nice proposition if most customer service jobs paid $12-$14/hr here. I know plenty of people working in customer service for $8-$10 and they can't make it on that kind of wage and end up having to take on multiple jobs to just get by. I can hardly see how that is enough to raise a family on let alone even just 2 adults. A college degree makes no impact on how much you can make here, you still make wages akin to only having a GED. It's just insane when you realize there are entry level customer service jobs here that ask for you to have a bachelor's degree just to work a job for $11/hr.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2014, 11:11 PM

7 posts, read 11,747 times
Media is told to advertise the job demand in this state its a ploy to ketch suckers, its no different than colleges selling you a degree that will do nothing in the end for you other than hang on your wall. For the longest time I watched the media cry how they could not keep the youth here this was before the 2009 bubble popping but still they were like how can we keep the youth here, doh pay them more. No way so they have lutheran social service bringing people in from other countries because they will work these low paying jobs. Its comical how North Dakota will go at any and all great strengths to get people here. Most of my family have left North Dakota too expensive, too cold, people freeze to death in the winter. Food is expensive, rent is expensive, it takes longer to get approved for an apartment than a hand gun. The Flooding issue that North Dakota is facing was caused by drain tiles and both North Dakota and Minnesota digging ditches so the water would leave fields faster so farmers could get in to plant crops sooner than later. Now they have a diversion plan which is sad because they will flood small towns up causing them to move to the cities maybe that was the plan all along. Yep this state is not nice and has no heart hey your flooding, too bad here is the bags go buy your own sand. As for the unemployment rate you do realize this state has less population compared to California, New York, right? So yes unemployment will be lower, I was laid off in 2009 from a company in Fargo so please don't tell me we were not effected and they are still laying off in this state. Cheers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo
View detailed profiles of: