Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2013, 06:54 PM

517 posts, read 1,047,685 times

Advertisements

I am from Texas, and am moving to Fargo this week.

Every time I tell someone that I am moving to Fargo they say three things.

1. It is cold in Fargo. (Well duh!)

2. Why would you move to Fargo? It is cold up there.

3. Have you seen the movie Fargo?

So I finally watched the movie. I am not sure what Fargo had to do with it, but it was near there in Minnesota. While there were a lot of funny scenes in the movie, we found the funniest to be the scene were the cop is questioning the bar tender near the lake where the bad guys were holed up. These guys were totally bundled up when one said, "I looks like it may get cold tomorrow. "

On the other hand my wife turned to me after the movie and said, "If the cold doesn't drive you crazy, that accent will." I answered "Ya"

Cheers
Qazulight
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2013, 07:09 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,100,140 times
The current weather SUCKS. I"ve only been here just a hair under two years and it's the worst cold spell i've experienced in ND.

I don't think i've ever seen as many car wrecks in the last week as i've seen in the last two years.

Old 12-10-2013, 07:28 PM

517 posts, read 1,047,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
The current weather SUCKS. I"ve only been here just a hair under two years and it's the worst cold spell i've experienced in ND.

I don't think i've ever seen as many car wrecks in the last week as i've seen in the last two years.
I have Fargo on my Google news feed. I noticed that the road crews are complaining about the cold, wishing it would get above 10 so the salt would work.

Cheers
Qazulight

Old 12-10-2013, 07:47 PM

47 posts, read 89,283 times
Ahhh.. lol. The weather is cyclic, seems like it comes in 3 yr streaks.. At least we don't have cockroaches and other creepy crawlys.. or hurricanes...

I still think its far easier to dress for the cold than the heat.. but I am really tired of it too...

Regarding the movie.. You need to stop at the Fargo vistors center and take a "selfie" by the actual
Woodchipper used in the movie. Its on display on the grounds. Take I-94 exit 348, 45th St North.
White building modeled after old wood grain elevators on southside of Holiday Gas.
Now that pix will trip some of your backhome friends out.

Rod

Last edited by Nodak7mm; 12-10-2013 at 08:48 PM.. Reason: more info

Old 12-11-2013, 10:09 AM

419 posts, read 1,392,731 times
Yes, the only part of the movie that supposedly takes place in Fargo is the initial meet-up between Jerry Lundegaard and the hitmen at a restaurant in Fargo; the rest takes place in the Cities or around Brainerd. The Coen Brothers said that they called it Fargo because no one would go to a movie named "Brainerd." The other bit of trivia--Kristin Rudrud, the actress who played Jean Lundegaard, the murder victim, is a Fargo native and after living & working in NYC and the Cities, has returned to her hometown and is active in the arts here.

Old 12-11-2013, 11:06 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,753,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchinnd View Post
Yes, the only part of the movie that supposedly takes place in Fargo is the initial meet-up between Jerry Lundegaard and the hitmen at a restaurant in Fargo; the rest takes place in the Cities or around Brainerd. The Coen Brothers said that they called it Fargo because no one would go to a movie named "Brainerd." The other bit of trivia--Kristin Rudrud, the actress who played Jean Lundegaard, the murder victim, is a Fargo native and after living & working in NYC and the Cities, has returned to her hometown and is active in the arts here.
For the benefit of the poster from Texas, 'the Cities' = 'the Twin Cities' = 'the Minneapolis-St. Paul metropolitan area'.

Oh, and there is also one other scene in North Dakota in the movie, close to the end where Jerry Lundegaard is arrested in a cheap motel - the text on the screen as the scene begins says 'near Bismarck'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo