Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2017, 07:55 PM

314 posts, read 487,109 times

Advertisements

1. Can anyone here tell me about the West Acres Mall and the neighborhood. How safe is it and are there any good apartments nearby which you all can recommend? My wife, baby, and I may be moving to Fargo next month and she really wants to live near the Mall whereas I'd prefer West Fargo or NDSU areas. I'm traveling 1500 miles for a 2nd interview a week from now. My wife really wants to move here.

2.Also what are my chances of getting accosted if I wait in at the Fargo train station from about 2:30am-6am? I'm not too worried at all since it will just be me and maybe a small travel bag (I've lived in a city with a rep for crime, though a nice & quiet neighborhood on the expensive end of town).

3. Can anyone suggest a good local restaurant either near the train station or the mall that is open around 6 or 7am?

4.Also my wife loves thrift stores. She won't be coming this time, but are there any you have shopped at and love?

5. Finally, are there any good Evangelical churches in Fargo?

Thanks again for your input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2017, 10:59 PM

3 posts, read 6,394 times
Hi there. Definitely not a Fargo expert as my family moved here just 3 years ago, but I'll try to help.

1. I would personally not live near the mall or really anywhere in the area (including behind the Scheels store on 45th). It's not that it's bad, per se, but there are just way nicer areas to live - especially with a baby. The osgood area and West Fargo area around Independence Elementary have some nice apartments and are within walking distance to parks, schools, even grocery stores, depending on where you are. I've never lived in northern fargo, but have driven around quite a bit and I'd consider there as well.

2. Pretty much zero. I'd be aware of your surroundings, of course, but you run more of a chance of getting bored than being accosted. I wouldn't worry at all if my husband told me he was going to wait there during those hours.

3. Not much is going to be open that early, but a couple blocks from the train station on Broadway is Sandy's Donuts and Coffee house (opens at 6:30, I believe). I'm pretty sure all they have that early is donuts and coffee, but they're a local place and super delicious. If you're looking for something heartier, then I don't think you'll have much luck other than places like IHop and Denny's. Definitely not within walking distance, though (not sure if you'll have a rental car or not). Personally, I'd go to Sandy's.

4. I know nothing about the thrift shops here. I have gone to the Once Upon a Child many times for my children and have always been happy. Especially in the Fall when they have a huge winter gear sale.

5. I'm not quite sure what you mean by evangelical church - if you mean evangelical in a general sense or in more of a specific way, like an evangelical free denomination - either way, there are many and with differing worship styles, so finding one to suit you most likely wouldn't be a problem at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo
View detailed profiles of: