Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 12:04 PM

213 posts, read 1,087,412 times

Advertisements

I am wondering if there are any dance studios in the F/M area. My spouse and I have been taking ballroom dance lessons (where we currently live) for the past few years and we really enjoy it. Neither of us wants to give it up, so we're hoping there's someplace up there that offers them. (Looks like we'll be moving there soon.)

Also, can anyone tell me if there are any disc golf courses in the F/M area? (Disc golf is golf with frisbees. Yes, there are actual courses for this relatively new sport.)

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2007, 12:52 PM

85 posts, read 414,641 times
I haven't played myself, but Oak Grove Park in Fargo and Woodlawn Park in Moorhead both have 18-hole disc golf courses, and there's a 9-hole course at Iwen Park in south Fargo.

I don't know anything about ballroom dancing, but I would imagine there is something.

Old 04-23-2007, 08:28 AM

Default dancing

Thanks. I did some online searching and saw that there is also a disc golf club, which makes me think there might be more courses than just those two. Does anyone know if there are more?

Also, does anyone else know if there are ballroom dance classes offered in the F-M area? I'd really hate to give this up! It's loads of fun....

Old 05-23-2007, 03:53 PM

1 posts, read 6,356 times
Default Ballroom

I know that there are several ballroom dancing places in Fargo. I went to a strictly swing dancing club at the Avalon in downtown Fargo that was every Tuesday. Also, if you type 'ballroom dance' and 'fargo' into google all the other ballroom places come up. There's a big ballroom dancing club that has 3 different locations in Fargo but it's only offered September through May.

Hope that helps!

Old 05-29-2007, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MME1 View Post
I know that there are several ballroom dancing places in Fargo. I went to a strictly swing dancing club at the Avalon in downtown Fargo that was every Tuesday. Also, if you type 'ballroom dance' and 'fargo' into google all the other ballroom places come up. There's a big ballroom dancing club that has 3 different locations in Fargo but it's only offered September through May.

Hope that helps!
Yes! This did help. Don't know if we're ready for a "dancing club," but we want to continue with our lessons--and May through Sept would be great! I'll try searching as you suggested.

Old 03-20-2008, 01:59 PM

1 posts, read 5,971 times
Default ballroom dance lessons

In response to the person or persons look for ballroom dance lessons. Two places in Fargo offer classes, one is Red River Dance Company, seven week classes and cover several dances, there is a second advance class once you finish the first. The second place is NorthernLights Ballroom, they offer one or two dances at a time, 10 week sessions, once a week. Both are very reasonably priced.

Old 03-20-2008, 02:21 PM

1,821 posts, read 5,148,567 times
For your disc golf, check out PDGA Online Disc Golf Course Directory, it lists about every course there is.

Old 03-20-2008, 07:40 PM

394 posts, read 1,169,356 times
Jamestown has a new disc golf course that is suppose to be very good.

I live in Jmst, but don't play disc golf. It is out by the reservoir. Looks challenging.

Old 03-20-2008, 11:12 PM

489 posts, read 1,914,552 times
After you settle in to your home in Fargo, you'll want to go check out Bismarck. Spend a weekend during the summer. Spend some time on the Missouri River, a day at Raging Rivers Waterpark and check out the 18 hole disc-golf course at the Lions Hillside Park complex. It's a 30.5 acre park on a steep hill over looking the Missouri valley, the hill making for a more challenging game. There are weekly Ballroom Dance lessons at one of the studios there, but the weekly commute would be killer LOL I mention Bismarck though because the disc golf courses there are so much fun, and the topography of Hillside park can't be found anywhere else in ND. There is also a 24 hole disc-golf course at the General Sibley Park in Bismarck, though I have never been to that one. Mandan, on the west side of the river, also has a 9 hole course, Sunset Disc Golf Course, on the banks of the Missouri River.
April 26th the Mandan Mountain Jam Tournament will be held in Mandan, and on April 27th the Sibley State Doubles Tournament will be in Bismarck. August 30 and 31 will be the 9th North Dakota Disc Golf State Championships, which will also be held in Bismarck. Fargo and Moorhead each have an 18 hole course, however no tournaments are scheduled for either of those courses.
North Dakota Disc Golf Association

Old 03-25-2008, 01:28 PM

268 posts, read 1,614,114 times
The easiest one is in West Fargo off of Main Avenue, nestled behind a neighborhood. The Oak Grove one is nice, but prone to flooding. The hardest one is in Moorhead. Frisbee golf here can be challenging, thanks to the prairie wind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo