Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2008, 05:56 PM

8 posts, read 41,547 times

Advertisements

My husband has been offered a job with a major employer in Fargo, so now we need to move!

We have an 11 yr. old daughter who will be going into 6th grade, so school districts are pretty much the most important right now when it comes to where to live.

I think I am down to picking between Discovery Middle school and Cheney in West Fargo; any recommendations between the two? We are looking for gifted programs, healthy lunches and swim teams!!

Once we have picked the school district we need to find a place to rent. Preferably a town house since we have a dog and I run my company from a home office.

Any inputs on anything will be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2008, 06:51 PM

419 posts, read 1,394,482 times
At this point in time, if it were me, I would go w/ Discovery over Cheney. The teachers that I have met the West Fargo system are good, but lately there have been conflicts w/ the board and superintendent. My kids (6th & 3rd grades) are in the Fargo Public Schools, and yes, have enjoyed very good gifted programs. My sixth grader is at Carl Ben Eiselson Middle School and has had a fabulous year. The kids at Discovery will be feeding into the third high school for Fargo which is slated to open in 2010--Judge Ronald Davies High. I'm not sure that competitive swimming is in the schools as early as 6th grade, but there are Y swim teams and a Gators competitive swimming program in town.
Most of the areas south of 32nd Ave S. feed into Discovery Middle School, but some of the school attendance areas are rather gerrymandered. If you look at the attendance maps on the FPS website, the following elementary schools feed into Discovery: Centennial, Bennett, and Kennedy. There are certainly townhouses in the Centennial and Kennedy attendance areas.

Old 04-24-2008, 08:42 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,242,847 times
If your looking at townhomes here is a site to check out..

Valley Rental - North Dakota (http://www.valleyrental.net/northdakota.htm - broken link)

Old 04-24-2008, 09:34 PM

8 posts, read 41,547 times
Valley Rental looks nice - do they provide good service?
Which school district would that be in?

Thanks!

Old 04-24-2008, 10:24 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,242,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by it's cold 'eh View Post
Valley Rental looks nice - do they provide good service?
Which school district would that be in?

Thanks!
They would be in the Discovery school district for all the townhomes in south Fargo. Valley rental does provide pretty good service, they'll come and fix any problem quickly and they are friendly people from what I have seen. They also do a good job at taking care of the lawns and snow removal for the townhomes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo
View detailed profiles of: