Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 09:56 AM

1 posts, read 3,327 times

Advertisements

Hi my husband just got offered a job in Fargo and we will be moving there in June I was wondering if anyone could tell me about good areas to livewith good schools and if there are any summer activities for kids and that type of stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2008, 12:50 PM

419 posts, read 1,396,594 times
All of the Fargo Schools are quite good, but some elementary school attendance areas are perceived as beeing somewhat better than others--probably due to socioeconomic factors (Longfellow on the north side of town, Clara Barton/Hawthorne in the historic central area, and the Lincoln, Bennett, and Kennedy elementary schools as you go farther south and into the new developments). The Fargo Public Library always has a summer reading program w/ special events and reading incentives for kids. The Fargo Park District has a full listing sports and rec programs, as well as special events in the larger parks. The Red River Zoo also typically has a full summer schedule of programs and activities.

Old 04-19-2008, 10:38 PM

37 posts, read 156,327 times
The Fargo YMCA fmymca also has summer day camps I have sent my son the past two summers and he has had a good time. He also plays baseball with the Fargo park district. I also sent you a direct message.

Old 04-20-2008, 10:33 PM

268 posts, read 1,614,114 times
I'm quite fond of my area, which is near Oak Grove on the north side. Charming older homes, near downtown, quiet but not dead.

Old 04-23-2008, 09:49 AM

246 posts, read 1,006,982 times
I really like the South Fargo area around 32nd Ave. They have nice parks and there are some really nice schools around where we live. I also like the Osgood area as well as Eagle run which I think is is part of West Fargo? The North Area is alittle more closer built together than I like, but there is a section (I can't recall its specific name) that is Very Nice. excellent looking homes etc. I just prefer the southern area of Fargo personally. I would however avoid the Green Fields as far as housing. built way too close together with a vary narrow street.

As for activities there appear to be a variety of things, I think checking some of the community websites will provide more info. Right now we usually travel a bit with our daughters and the youngest hasn't needed much activities for her at her age, but there are things to do for sure.

Old 04-29-2008, 01:05 PM

5 posts, read 16,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rselders View Post
Hi my husband just got offered a job in Fargo and we will be moving there in June I was wondering if anyone could tell me about good areas to livewith good schools and if there are any summer activities for kids and that type of stuff.
I too moved out here from the Utah area nine months ago. I agree with others the South side of town is a good place to find good public elementary schools with housing in a area that will have good re-sell value. I personally hope to only be here for another 3 years and than will high tail it out of here. The Weather in N.D. is like a lady with P.M.S. you never know whether it is winter,spring or fall from one day to the next. Good luck!

Old 04-29-2008, 02:49 PM

310 posts, read 1,209,681 times
Here are a couple of community links that may help you.

Chamber of Commerce Fargo Moorhead: The Chamber

About our city - City of Fargo

Old 04-29-2008, 03:47 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,439,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyjean280 View Post
I too moved out here from the Utah area nine months ago. I agree with others the South side of town is a good place to find good public elementary schools with housing in a area that will have good re-sell value. I personally hope to only be here for another 3 years and than will high tail it out of here. The Weather in N.D. is like a lady with P.M.S. you never know whether it is winter,spring or fall from one day to the next. Good luck!
Kelly, that's cute!! Welcome to the forum.

Old 05-03-2008, 11:44 AM

573 posts, read 1,451,780 times
I grew up in Fargo and I would agree---the south side. I also agree with the weather comment. I will have to remember that one.

Old 05-06-2008, 09:40 AM

246 posts, read 1,006,982 times
The weather can be a little crazy at times, but in general, when its supposed to be hot, it usually is, when its not, it isn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo
View detailed profiles of: