Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2009, 09:58 PM

2 posts, read 7,523 times

Advertisements

wanting to move from San Antonio TX. and transfer with the home depot to Fargo.would like to know if there is a moving package that could be sent by the gay and lesbian community?.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2009, 10:08 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,041,465 times
Not sure if they would or not but have you tried the Chamber of Commerce? They would send a great package that would, at least, get you started.

Old 07-21-2009, 05:28 AM

231 posts, read 736,265 times
with a higher concentration of churches than almost anywhere else in the country, it's a safe bet that the gay community is all but ignored. for what it's worth, the ibeam club in moorhead used to have a reputation of catering to the minority, but they eventually closed (i want to say it was 2006). they reopened just before halloween last year, and i know many people who went to the party there (most of whom are straight) said it was excellent.

in december, i visited there with a friend who went to the halloween party, and i think it's a neat place. it seems like a place that welcomes anyone looking for a dance club to have a good time (straight or gay). i will grant, guy-guy couples and girl-girl couples don't get the kind of undue attention that they do elsewhere in the area.

Old 07-22-2009, 08:45 PM

252 posts, read 660,708 times
acfreema, you either didn't go to NDSU or MSUM for college or you either kept your head in the sand, because fargo/moorhead has a huge GLBT crowd. Of the college crowd I hung with, I was one of four (out of about 16 people) that was straight. You also missed the Pride Festival last month (it was the 12-21st). Fargo IS quite conservative, so most peeps don't know about the events because they like to pretend they don't exist. Once you do get immersed in the crowd, they don't let you forget about the next big event coming up though. :P

as for chilie, I don't know if there is a care package, but this would be the place to ask: http://www.pridecollective.com

Old 07-23-2009, 02:26 AM

231 posts, read 736,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maude Kipz View Post
Once you do get immersed in the crowd
your point appears poignant, but your comment about having my head in the sand about glbt pride events begs the question of me being a part of the crowd. although, i have become aware of just how prolific the non-straight adult male population is. i don't hesitate to say that i am shocked.

maude kipz, think i should take your hint and specify what i meant by my post: the gay community is mostly ignored, not lacking.

in fact, now that i think about it, the ymca has a fairly high concentration of men that go against the grain.

perhaps chilie will be pleased with the environment here?

Old 07-30-2009, 02:26 PM

77 posts, read 305,436 times
its not an ideal town for GBLT's but there is indeed a community. fargo can be more liberal than a lot of people think, its just under most peoples' radar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo
View detailed profiles of: