U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 09:34 PM

9 posts, read 19,071 times

Advertisements

I doubt many guys come around here asking this, lol, but stumbled across this information when looking for colors of dress shirts to buy when I start work. Considering those clothes will be a bit of investment, it seems worthwhile to put thought into this.

Here are pictures. I have green eyes and, despite being a bit pale in the pictures, I do tan (not that I can't burn though, lol). However, I can't tell if I'm cool/warm with regards to skin and hair. I would say my hair, especially in these pictures, is cool. Although in the sunlight it warms up with some lighter colors (also have red/blonde hairs in beard). Skin... I never thought I had blue/cool undertones. I seem to have green veins on inner forearm, blue near wrist (where skin is thinner), though to be honest, it's hard to tell, lol.

Anyway, all this typing makes me realize I'm probably a bit insane to put so much thought into this. Oh well.

What are your opinions... ?

Let me know what you think. Thanks.

Last edited by JayVermont; 06-10-2010 at 09:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2010, 11:43 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,443,681 times
Take this quiz and yes it is important to invest in clothes that compliment you whether you're male or female.

What Season Are You?

Old 06-12-2010, 12:21 PM

8,415 posts, read 35,869,532 times
If you stick to conservative colors you really can't go wrong with most color picks geared towards men. Stay away from fashion/trendy colors. Black, pale browns/khaki would probably wash you out so opt for charcoal/navy/brown/darker khaki. I can't tell if its the buzz or the friend's tie but you may have to watch for red ties making you look flushed. If you keep the red darker(burgundy) it may work.

Check overstock for deals on suits. You should take them to a dry cleaner that does altering to have them fitted. Pick through clearance stuff wherever before paying full price for any dress shirt. Guys stuff does not really get the dated look quite as fast as womens so you can always find some thing on deal.

Your color looks neutral to me. Hold up a white shirt v.s. a cream shirt to your face. If the white shirt looks best you are more on the cool side. If the cream looks best, you are more on the warm side. You can also try to figure out whats best for you with silver(cool) vs. gold (warm).

Old 06-12-2010, 08:29 PM

12,054 posts, read 20,610,140 times
From your pic, you look like an autumn.

Old 06-14-2010, 01:06 PM

213 posts, read 376,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SXMGirl View Post
From your pic, you look like an autumn.
LOL.

I would say you're cool toned because your skin is light.

Warm tone is usually golden yellow or brown.

Old 06-14-2010, 01:12 PM

3,432 posts, read 3,571,209 times
Look at the veins in your wrist. Blue veins=cool and green veins=warm

Old 06-14-2010, 03:15 PM

8,415 posts, read 35,869,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
You have both when you are neutral.

Old 06-17-2010, 05:11 PM

1,830 posts, read 5,034,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
My veins look blue and I'm definitely an Autumn (warm).

OP: which looks better on you next to your face--black (cool) or dark brown (warm)?

Do you get more compliments when wearing warm or cool tones?

Old 06-17-2010, 07:05 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,443,681 times
You should naturally gravitate to either warm or cool subconsciously so just look in your closet and see which side your wardrobe falls under.

Old 09-27-2010, 01:26 PM

2 posts, read 5,703 times
Default I think you are a neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
You have both when you are neutral.

I think you are a neutral and can get buy with cool or warm colors, but should go for the more muted tones rather than the brightest of either. For instance, in the cool genre -- go for lavender rather than royal purple. In the warm shades go for soft yellow, rather than bright sunshine yellow.

Your coloring is good for a wide range and you do not fit firmly into any of the seasons. You are quite lucky. Still, you should limit yourself to the more subdued colors in both the warm and cool categories. The brightest of the bunch are probably not your friend. I hope this is helpful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty