Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 12:25 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,822,117 times

Advertisements

The threads on hair loss made me realize I am possibly out of the mainstream. I never analyze the way men look, size them up, notice flaws, compare them to myself, etc. I genuinely have zero interest in male appearance while I have a great apprecition for female beauty. I was just wondering how unusual is this? Am I the only man who doesn't care what men look like?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2015, 12:47 PM

1,055 posts, read 1,415,166 times
I think I'm another one. Well, my wife says I am, but she's talking about my attitude to my own appearance.

Old 04-07-2015, 04:24 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,535,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
The threads on hair loss made me realize I am possibly out of the mainstream. I never analyze the way men look, size them up, notice flaws, compare them to myself, etc. I genuinely have zero interest in male appearance while I have a great apprecition for female beauty. I was just wondering how unusual is this? Am I the only man who doesn't care what men look like?
It's ok. No need to care about what other men look like. You should just take care of yourself only. I think most guys don't care about what other guys look like. The only guys who care what other guys look like are probably the ones who are....well, you know....not that there is anything wrong with that.

Old 04-07-2015, 04:58 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,863,390 times
Quote:
Dude, it means you're not gay. I haven't noticed that other dudes here go around sizing up men, except for maybe some of the body-builders. You're normal. Don't get bent out of shape over internet weirdness.

Old 04-07-2015, 11:43 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,701,807 times
Good looking males likes to look at other males to size them up. I often look at other males just to see what ideas I may have to wear or just what kind of fella. I often get looked at too so vice versa.

I think for males, even if you're fat or balding, there's always a way to dress to look successful or to get noticed. It's all about the character you're trying to portray.

It's not all about trying to get female attention, it's about boosting your confidence too.

Old 04-08-2015, 12:57 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,880,599 times
Mod cut: Off-topic.

This is the way I'd like people to think about the subject...
I notice seeming age and race if not ethnicity. I think most people notice that.
Beyond that, I mostly notice what's atypical - height, muscularity, hair, facial attractiveness, effort in style, etc. Many guys are quickly written off by me and not given any deliberate visual attention, and usually I'll envy someone in the situation if the man isn't much older than me.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 04-10-2015 at 01:59 PM..

Old 04-08-2015, 01:28 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,822,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
[Snip.] This is the way I'd like people to think about the subject...
I notice seeming age and race if not ethnicity. I think most people notice that.
Beyond that, I mostly notice what's atypical - height, muscularity, hair, facial attractiveness, effort in style, etc. Many guys are quickly written off by me and not given any deliberate visual attention, and usually I'll envy someone in the situation if the man isn't much older than me.
Just out of curiosity how much do you notice women's appearance? Are you as critical/notice flaws in women like you do men? Btw, I am not implying you are gay. You seem to be concerned with male looks as a vehicle to attract and connect with women. Even if you seem to be my polar opposite I enjoy reading your posts.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 04-10-2015 at 02:00 PM..

Old 04-08-2015, 02:19 AM

80 posts, read 162,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
It's ok. No need to care about what other men look like. You should just take care of yourself only. I think most guys don't care about what other guys look like. The only guys who care what other guys look like are probably the ones who are....well, you know....not that there is anything wrong with that.
Then again, some of us happen to be, well...you know...and we still couldn't care less about how other men look like. Heck...even when it comes to myself I am never overly concerned about appearance. I take daily showers, use deodorant, brush my teeth and floss daily. That's it as far as a “beauty routine” goes for me. Not even cologne (I think it's silly to spend so much money for scented water). Oh, and I don't even care about a trendy haircut...I buzzcut my own hair; cheap, easy, and extremely low maintenance. My other...you-know-what friends spend ridiculous amount of time in front of a mirror every day using cleansing masks, face creams, moisturizers, night creams, etc...name a beauty product, they have it. They buy clothes painstakingly designed to maximize contouring and showing off their bodies, and they would never get out of the house without every piece of attire being perfectly matched and coordinated. Why? I have no clue, but it's absurd, as far as I'm concerned.

Old 04-08-2015, 06:56 AM

2,865 posts, read 3,631,075 times
I don't really care either. I try to keep myself fit and well BUT am not obsessed with my own appearance. As far as ladies/women. When I see one I consider beautiful I appreciate her beauty like a magnificent sunset or a well crafted work of art.

Old 04-08-2015, 09:31 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,960,371 times
Quote:
Why would a man care what other men look like? There is no need for men to judge the appearance of other men, since the majority of men date women, not men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty