Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2010, 08:16 PM

660 posts, read 1,397,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Really, really over the "dont wear makeup thing."
It aint going away, get over it already.
Guess we shouldnt shave our pits or legs, either.....not happening.
Can I vote this as one of the most sensible posts in this thread?
On a serious note, I agree with Lentzr:
Quote:
You guys are so conservative with dress! I would have though that people in here would be a little more open!
I'm a bit surprised myself. I imagine I would anger quite a few of you if you saw me in public. LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2010, 03:01 AM

1,446 posts, read 4,596,039 times
Listen, it is my preference that women do not wear makeup. That's all! I do know other men that prefer natural beauty so I am not alone. Secondly, if some woman does not want to shave her armpits or legs, I do not have a problem with that. It is natural hair and grows there for a reason. I am not going to really express a preference with natural hair but I will say that it does not bother me as much as others. I believe in live and let live and realizes that different people have different tastes. I am just a bit surprised that so many of the people in here are taking such conservative positions on fashion.

Old 07-12-2010, 11:10 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,149,092 times
I'll add a few more, and some I have seen from others.

The penciled in eyebrow. So tacky and hideous.

Fat girls or guys with spandex.

Fanny packs

rainbow bright colored sneakers (usually hightops)

Ed Hardy crap--all of it

Tight jeans---all of it

Vaneers--look fake and make your skull look skeletal. And why would you ever in your right mind have your real teeth grinded down to little spikey studs, just to put some chicklets over them?

UnderARmour--tight look at my big muscualar body wear

Ugg boots--Always hated them. Unless your an eskimoo in Alaska, why would you wear such hideous looking things? Oh, now I remember because dim wits like Paris Hilton made them popular and most people can't think for themselves. We have an army of little girls who all look the same.

Special combination--Ugg boots over sweats

Sweats where you have something like juicy written on the as s. Why would you do it? That's so tacky. Then you have the gull to complain if a guy is looking at your as s. What do you expect, their trying to read you. And if you have a crap shaped as s like many, why would you draw attention to your sloppy but.

I saw on t.v. Fake but cushions. Are you serious? So now, we are completeley selling fake. Do you think any guy is not going to know after the first time your patch adam underwear come off. Oh, you looked like J-lo, now you look like mischa barton....hmm

Anything trendy.--When is the majority going to think for themselves?

High tops--Unless you play basketball, they just don't look good on anyone.

Capri pants for guys--"exhales" Im still trying to wrap my mind around why any guy would wear these.

Expensive desingner hand bags. Women listen up and trust me I am telling the truth. No guy, and I mean no guy ever cares if you carry a louis vuittan bag or a jcpenny. Moderator cut: off topic

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 07-13-2010 at 12:14 AM..

Old 07-12-2010, 11:50 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,449,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
I'll add a few more, and some I have seen from others.

Expensive desingner hand bags. Women listen up and trust me I am telling the truth. No guy, and I mean no guy ever cares if you carry a louis vuittan bag or a jcpenny. I do not know for the life of me why women spend thousands on some stupid trendy bag, when any guy just doesn't care. Aren't there more important things to buy, then a three thousand dollar bag? You carrying a five thousand dollar bag does not impress any guy, it makes us think your super high maintanance, not to mention partially retarded...Sorry, just telling the truth. Be smart, since no body cares but narccistic pretentious girls, shell out 20 bucks for a bag and be happy.
Has it ever occured to you that they brought the handbags for themselves and not to impress some guy?

It's really no different than guys who spend $80,000+ on a sports cars. Do you assume that all of them brought the car to attract women?

Old 07-12-2010, 12:15 PM

532 posts, read 1,269,892 times
I give permission for anyone to beat me senseless if you ever catch me wearing a pinky ring, gold chains or a button up shirt, no t-shirt, and more than the top 2 buttons undone. Likewise, if I start going bald and go with the comb-over doo....

Old 07-12-2010, 12:18 PM

1,233 posts, read 2,824,608 times
Quote:
Anything trendy.--When is the majority going to think for themselves?
You do realize that all fashion is based on a trend of some kind, right?

Old 07-12-2010, 12:22 PM

29,739 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emi__ View Post
You do realize that all fashion is based on a trend of some kind, right?
It reminds me of that line from Devil Wears Prada:

Quote:
Oh... ok. I see, you think this has nothing to do with you. You go to your closet and you select out, oh I don't know, that lumpy blue sweater, for instance, because you're trying to tell the world that you take yourself too seriously to care about what you put on your back. But what you don't know is that that sweater is not just blue, it's not turquoise, it's not lapis, it's actually cerulean. You're also blithely unaware of the fact that in 2002, Oscar De La Renta did a collection of cerulean gowns. And then I think it was Yves St Laurent, wasn't it, who showed cerulean military jackets? I think we need a jacket here. And then cerulean quickly showed up in the collections of 8 different designers. Then it filtered down through the department stores and then trickled on down into some tragic casual corner where you, no doubt, fished it out of some clearance bin. However, that blue represents millions of dollars and countless jobs and so it's sort of comical how you think that you've made a choice that exempts you from the fashion industry when, in fact, you're wearing the sweater that was selected for you by the people in this room. From a pile of stuff.

Old 07-12-2010, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lentzr View Post
Listen, it is my preference that women do not wear makeup. That's all! I do know other men that prefer natural beauty so I am not alone. Secondly, if some woman does not want to shave her armpits or legs, I do not have a problem with that. It is natural hair and grows there for a reason. I am not going to really express a preference with natural hair but I will say that it does not bother me as much as others. I believe in live and let live and realizes that different people have different tastes. I am just a bit surprised that so many of the people in here are taking such conservative positions on fashion.
Well I guess I misunderstood most of what you were trying to convey. It's a Pet Peeve of mine when people let their body hair grow out. Seeing Women and Men with tank tops and underarm hairs sticking out is really gross, IMO! I know it's more "acceptable" for men to have hairy chests and underarms but many of them can stand some trimming too! And I don't get why some Women leave their legs hairy and then wear sheer hose. It ruins the whole "dressing up" look, IMO, because the long hairs can still be seen underneath the hose.

As for makeup, as I've posted before, I wear it because I want to, not because I have to. When it stops becoming enjoyable to wear makeup, then I'll quit. If other Women enjoy wearing makeup as much as I do, then I don't see why you have a problem with it being worn. Telling some Women that they can't go shopping for Makeup or wear it is like telling a guy who's a Baseball fanatic that he can't buy season tickets or go to his favorite team's games.

I have to admit I find something very scary about guys who demand that their women don't ever wear makeup. Does anyone else feel that way besides me?

Last edited by ladysovereign; 07-12-2010 at 01:05 PM..

Old 07-12-2010, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
Has it ever occured to you that they brought the handbags for themselves and not to impress some guy?
Or most likely, to impress their Female friends and Neighbors. I agree that they don't buy an expensive purse to impress a guy, ever.

Quote:
It's really no different than guys who spend $80,000+ on a sports cars. Do you assume that all of them brought the car to attract women?
I do think Guys buy expensive cars to impress certain Women, though hoping one thing will lead to another.

Last edited by ladysovereign; 07-12-2010 at 01:04 PM..

Old 07-12-2010, 03:17 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times
Quote:

Vaneers--look fake and make your skull look skeletal. And why would you ever in your right mind have your real teeth grinded down to little spikey studs, just to put some chicklets over them?
You're thinking of caps. Veneers are applied to the front of the tooth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty