Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 02:46 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,900,152 times

Advertisements

You DO NOT smell good when you drown yourself in it. A subtle hint of perfume is what drive's men wild. There are two women at work who smell like they dunk their entire bodies in a barrel of perfume. It literally takes my breath away and gives me a headache. Go to any mall or store and you will smell a woman like this. Same for guy's who cake on cologne.

One pump of the spray is enough!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2010, 04:13 PM

1,429 posts, read 4,283,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
You DO NOT smell good when you drown yourself in it. A subtle hint of perfume is what drive's men wild. There are two women at work who smell like they dunk their entire bodies in a barrel of perfume. It literally takes my breath away and gives me a headache. Go to any mall or store and you will smell a woman like this. Same for guy's who cake on cologne.

One pump of the spray is enough!!!
I agree, then I think to myself they bathe in the mess because they didn't shower that morning.

Old 07-03-2010, 05:09 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times
LOL. Well, Im a man and I LOVE when women smell good. I dont mind if its a subtle hint of perfume, and I dont mind if its a lot. I personally love it when I can walk into a room and still smell the scent of a women who has already left, or, I an still smell her perfume on me and hour after Ive hugged her. I think its sexy.

To each his/her own on this one. But Im with the "I love it when you smell really good" crowd.

Old 07-03-2010, 06:16 PM

1,801 posts, read 2,924,625 times
I can never understand why men love women soaked in the perfume ...i sometimes have to hold my breath when shopping..although sometimes it is some cheap spray deodorant they are wearing ....smells vile. Expensive perfume just needs a little spray ..remember less is more.

Old 07-03-2010, 06:31 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Lao is entitled to his opinion , but many people do use too much!

Consider your surroundings; in close quarters (like an elevator) a heavy hand with scent can leave your fellow travelers teary eyed --- and perhaps they really do not want to go home at the end of the day smelling as if they have been with Someone Who Is Not Their Spouse!

Eu de parfum and parfum are designed to be used sparingly on pulse points: neck, wrists, cleavage, perhaps behind the knees. Spray these heavily all over and you've overdone it.

One trick is to spray the product into the air and then walk through the mist. You'll pick up a hint of fragrance that way. And keep all fragrances away from real pearls; they'll thank you for it by retaining their luster.

If you are going to a medical office, please forget using any scent at all. You never know when the cloud of perfume will be the last straw for someone who is already having a problem with nausea.

And Lao, come on now, wouldn't you really prefer a light, seductive mysterious fragrance that teases your imagination?

Old 07-03-2010, 06:39 PM

1,233 posts, read 2,825,735 times
What I can't stand are people who not only douse themselves in cologne or perfume, but do it again a couple of times while they're out and about.

I have asthma, and I can't count the times that stupid teenage girls (or boys) would spray their cheap crap on the bus or in a closed up classroom. It's awful. People do it in public restrooms too.

Old 07-03-2010, 09:29 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,900,152 times
The thing is, I would chalk up being overly perfumed to having bad BO. They both make your eyes water and take your breath away!!!

Old 07-03-2010, 09:53 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,304,138 times
I hate perfume.

So, anyone who wants to date me, leave it off. That goes for underwear as well.

I know it smells good (sometimes, sometimes it's nauseating) but I DO NOT GET the whole 'i love it when I can still smell your scent an hour after you leave' thing. First, it's not her scent. Bruno could douse himself in it and you'd get the same effect. Second, the less chemicals and the more honey I'm licking off of you later, the better.

Old 07-03-2010, 10:03 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,197,174 times
My favorite smell on a woman isn't perfume (though it's a close second), it's actually a fragranced lotion.. Japanese Cherry Blossom. drives me nuts.

Old 07-04-2010, 05:56 AM

5,893 posts, read 12,812,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
My favorite smell on a woman isn't perfume (though it's a close second), it's actually a fragranced lotion.. Japanese Cherry Blossom. drives me nuts.
I've used that lotion before and would never have thought of it as a turn-on to anyone. Interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty