Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 12:46 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,761,278 times

Advertisements

Other than the rather cliche adage that red-headed gals may have fiery tempers, I am just curious as to what other guys think of them? Love the hair color? Not like it so much? Also in your experience, have the redheads you've dated had significantly different personality qualities (either positive or negative), than other girls, say blondes or brunettes?

For myself: I personally consider red hair (any natural color variation, especially flame red), to be the loveliest of colors on a girl. Ditto on the alabaster, beautiful skin most redheads tend to have. I *love* the hair color/complexion of red-headed girls, and find it to be exceedingly unique, beautiful, and rare. Of course, it may be the Scottish heritage in me speaking here in terms of being a fan, lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2010, 05:56 PM

3,037 posts, read 5,929,780 times
Do they have to be 'natural' red-heads? I'm a natural red-head on the inside, but the outside didn't quite match; I had to help it along a little. I do have part Irish heritage, and a bit of a firey temper if that's any help...
Last xmas, my boss at work gave me the "Lucille Ball Award for Humor" too. Red-heads rock!

Old 07-12-2010, 06:53 PM

No worries, you sound like an amazing redhead jacq63! I love your color (noticed from your profile page!)

FWIW, many moons ago, when I was first born, I myself was born with red hair, believe it or not! Although, over time, it gradually darkened of course, but we still have baby pictures in my family's photo album of me with very light auburn hair lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacq63 View Post
Do they have to be 'natural' red-heads? I'm a natural red-head on the inside, but the outside didn't quite match; I had to help it along a little. I do have part Irish heritage, and a bit of a firey temper if that's any help...
Last xmas, my boss at work gave me the "Lucille Ball Award for Humor" too. Red-heads rock!

Old 07-13-2010, 06:11 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
I love red hair. I was born with dark red hair, but it's a medium brown now, although it does shine red in the sun. Two of my great-grandmothers (my parents' paternal grandmothers) had red hair, so I guess I inherited some of it. I know I got their skin; I get all freckly and can't tan for anything.

I love the look of pale skin, red hair and brown eyes, like Alicia Witt. She is lovely.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/pictu...&pictureid=709

Old 07-13-2010, 11:07 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
I am a natural red head.

I do like my hair color.

I also burn in the sun if I don't tan most of the winter.

When I was a kid I was teased about my hair and freckles.

The freckles went away.

Old 07-13-2010, 12:19 PM

29,746 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Most of my red-headed friends are sick of creeps who leer and ask them if the carpet matches the drapes.

Old 07-13-2010, 07:14 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,399,446 times
I have a friend who's a red headed with a little bit with orange which I'm love. She's the sweetest gal I have ever met in my entire life. She's so sweet that it conflicts with my evil nature .. Sometimes I can't say no because she's too sweet. My friends and I call her mermaid which she doesn't mind. There is Kristen and Kristin, so we clarify by saying "mermaid" gal.

I also have another friend that she's a red headed. She's sweet (too) but I would say she's a little bit more tougher than my other gal. And yes, both of them do have a lot of freckles and I think they're cute~

Old 07-13-2010, 10:16 PM

812 posts, read 1,908,040 times
Both of my children, hubby and SIL have red hair. Apparently red heads don't get seen much and rarely come out in public. WE would be rich for every time we get asked about the kid's red hair! I get asked if they are twins (2yrs apart in age and the boy is 4, girl is 2). My Dad and Granddad were red heads hence my 2. SIL kids are both blond since hubby's side has NO red to help out.

They are more strawberry (I was a blond as a child but now brunette) Hubby was a much darker orange when was young. He is turning blond/white at his older age. I have more freckles than DH. So far nothing really on the kids. Both have big blue eyes.

MY 2 yr old girl is EXTREMELY SASSY and a bit of a entertainer. Both kids have fairly QUICK tempers-like turning on/off a faucet OUT OF NOWHERE!

I love the red hair (sadly no curls) but sometimes the attention and whispers/comments get OLD! Elementary school boys make comments at restaurants, old men at Walmart, ladies at conventions...pretty much if we leave the house we hear at least 1 comment.

Old 07-14-2010, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I love red hair. I was born with dark red hair, but it's a medium brown now, although it does shine red in the sun. Two of my great-grandmothers (my parents' paternal grandmothers) had red hair, so I guess I inherited some of it. I know I got their skin; I get all freckly and can't tan for anything.

I love the look of pale skin, red hair and brown eyes, like Alicia Witt. She is lovely.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/pictu...&pictureid=709
Alicia Witt...one of my favorite actresses, and amazingly beautiful!

Old 07-14-2010, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Most of my red-headed friends are sick of creeps who leer and ask them if the carpet matches the drapes.
A very cruel and rude comment for anyone to make (what you had mentioned above)

I would never dream of saying anything like that, to any girl...besides, a redheaded girl's (visible) hair is beautiful and exquisite enough alone to look at for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty