Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 06:43 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,533,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacalaitWhisperer View Post
I've heard of manboobs but never a manbag.

I don't even carry a wallet, much less a purse.
Money clip??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2010, 07:35 PM

4,947 posts, read 10,779,684 times
I saw it 3 times today.
Make it stop.

M A D

Old 11-02-2010, 11:02 PM

43 posts, read 32,459 times
Im gay(dont live in NY tho-Im in Oakland)and I have a little coach pocketbook looking thingy that I use sometimes-but I have too many credit cards to fit in a man's wallet. I don't use it all the time tho-just sometimes.

Old 11-02-2010, 11:56 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,457,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfish22 View Post
I live in NYC and see all these young trendy guys walking around with female pocket-books.
Not messenger bags---WOMEN POCKETBOOKS.
Whats that about?
I believe they do it just so some people have something to complain about and hate on; while our economy is in a shambles.. After all one has to fill up one's free time in some way and furthering one's education is just no fun.. But many people(usually the intellectually challenged) enjoy complaining/whining about ridiculous matters that are none of their business !. PS......Aren't heterosexual men supposed to avoid a forum like Fashion/Beauty......I'm gay but it's my first visit here and I use a big mountain backpack if that's Ok with you.

Last edited by PITTSTON2SARASOTA; 11-03-2010 at 12:05 AM..

Old 11-03-2010, 07:49 AM

10,171 posts, read 20,721,601 times
Up until the last two decades, most men carried a wallet, hanky, and keys at the most. Today, everyone has a call phone, and I for one do not wish to cram a honking iphone with a bulky Otterbox case into my pocket, along with a wallet, keys, pen, breath mints, and reading glasses, and I don't like clipping phones and such to my belt like Batman. So I carry one of these if I'm out to eat or shopping:

REI Lode Waistpack at REI.com

Tuck the straps into a hidden pouch on the back, and just carry the pack by clutching the pack without using the handle. For all other errands I keep my stuff in the car. I don't carry my money in my wallet, so cash and my ATM card are always in my pocket.

For work or riding my bike I use a standard daypack or larger lumbar pack. I don't like messenger bags or sling packs.

Old 11-03-2010, 09:33 AM

7,371 posts, read 6,816,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfish22 View Post
I saw it 3 times today.
Make it stop.

M A D

What is the big deal? Some of these bags are very nice. Women's handbags come in all sizes, styles and colours. I know a few straight guys, and have a couple of gay friends who carry these bags. I could care less. Guys do have lots of stuff too carry. Better than having every single pocket bulging and looking like a goof, and still having stuff in your hands. If you want to judge a person by what they carry their stuff in, that's your perogative. No need to attack anyone's sexuality.

Old 11-03-2010, 10:32 AM

4,947 posts, read 10,779,684 times
Listen----it's not a 'big deal" to me.
No--I'm not hating on gays.
Now I suppose I could say "I don't hate gays---some of my best friends are gay."
Whenever you hear something like that -IT'S A LIE!

I shouldn't have to prove I'm "pro-gay", but I will.
My brother is gay.
Yup-
Has been his whole life.
He's still my brother--and I love him.
Wanna know sumthin?
I love his boyfriend too.
They've been together for 14 years.
He's the best!
Not only do I love his BF----but so does the rest of my family.

So--NO----I'm not gay bashing.
Not at all.
I just wanna know about these pocket books some gay men are walking around with.

Stop it!
Stop it now!
It's just wrong.

**for the record--I know NOTHING about fashion---everything I wear comes from Walmart or Sears.
{seriously}

Carry on....................

Old 11-03-2010, 11:38 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,462,437 times
I could care less about men carrying bags/handbags/manbags/man purses/pocketbooks/etc......but what I can't stand are the men who have started wearing high heels....please make that trend stop!!

Old 11-03-2010, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I could care less about men carrying bags/handbags/manbags/man purses/pocketbooks/etc......but what I can't stand are the men who have started wearing high heels....please make that trend stop!!
Men in heels, mmm

Old 11-03-2010, 12:50 PM

Okay Kingfisher, got it. But men are going to use them, so I guess you'll just have to turn the other way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty