Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 12:22 AM

1,214 posts, read 2,518,094 times

Advertisements

I don't see how it's foolish or gross, I actually think it's cute. Well, I think socks are cute on their own lol, but anyway I don't see anything wrong with it. I have more of a problem with people showing off their dirty grimy feet everywhere, and it's not just guys, plenty of girls around like that too. It's not bad if you take care of your feet though, but I never saw what the big problem with adding socks was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2010, 09:00 PM

3,071 posts, read 8,018,438 times
To each his own I guess, but I go sockless with sandals. With sneakers, I wear socks. The sandals are a happy medium between going barefooted and still having the protection of footwear. I like to have my feet exposed to the open air, but I know going barefooted is just asking for trouble.

Old 08-04-2010, 05:15 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,035,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
My 18 year old son told me it was a new trend. So, maybe it only looks weird to some of us.
I can understand because guys get sweaty feet in sandals and the socks would help. It may even be more comfortable.
A new trend? Whenever I think of men who wear socks with sandles........I think of little old men in bermuda shorts.

Old 08-04-2010, 04:46 PM

561 posts, read 1,511,989 times
With all the problems in this world, there are those who worry about socks with sandals?!?

If one prefers to wear their sandals with socks, who in the world should care but that person. Sheesh, people.....don't worry about what other people will think....dress for your own particular comfort---just don't go naked!!!!

Old 08-04-2010, 04:53 PM

1,830 posts, read 6,150,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynot View Post
With all the problems in this world, there are those who worry about socks with sandals?!?

If one prefers to wear their sandals with socks, who in the world should care but that person. Sheesh, people.....don't worry about what other people will think....dress for your own particular comfort---just don't go naked!!!!

Thank you for your post. I am one of these people who usually wears low cut white cotton socks with Teva sandals with shorts or casual skirts because my feet are far more comfortable with socks. I have been known to walk outside with my socks and sandals and nothing else, however..... one of the advantages of living out in the country with no neighbors close by

Old 08-04-2010, 04:58 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,942,355 times
When I see somebody wear socks with sandals, I have all I can do not to heave right there. It's the most GROSS thing I've ever seen. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Old 08-04-2010, 05:11 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,687,119 times
people who love there sandals wear socks for the sweat and also in winter, yes winter to keep feet warm! Sandals in the winter was a trend a few years ago so you did need socks to keep your
feet warm.

Old 08-04-2010, 09:09 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,152,786 times
I've worn socks with sandals. It is sometimes the most practical thing when flying, for example. I can't think of another occasion I've worn that combo lately.

Old 08-04-2010, 10:05 PM

341 posts, read 761,408 times
I think it's super ugly and tacky. I really don't see how it caught on. But then again, it's mostly teenage guys with athletic brand sandals, and guys that age tend to dress bad.

Old 08-05-2010, 08:41 AM

561 posts, read 1,511,989 times
I don't know about all you naysayers, but have you seen some of the toes hanging out of those sandals!! Some people absolutely should wear some socks with their sandals! There ain't nothin' wrong with it!! Geez, what some people get obsessed about!

Plus, having recently traveled by plane, it totally grossed me out seeing all those bare feet walking through the security checkpoint! Now THAT'S disgusting!! Eeewwwww to bare feet in public areas--excluding the appropriate areas, i.e., beach, pools, etc.!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty