Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 02:02 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,472,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Are you going for the homophobe thing?

Yeh..fashion forward you must know what to wear if you think wearing that makes you gay. LOL
Just because I'm a homophobe doesn't mean that sweater outfit you posted doesn't look gay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2010, 06:29 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,948,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SloopyJ View Post
"Interesting" was a bad choice of words. Essentially I was agreeing with you that a white dress shirt would not be my first choice for a social gathering. "Subtly patterned" might be better...
You're out of high school for 20 years. Make your own rules.

Old 08-17-2010, 11:15 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,397,852 times
It's still a novelty for me to see any of my high school friends in regular clothes, since we had a uniform that could be stifling toward the end of the school year, and that was the "summer" uniform that kicked in around April.

For a reunion, I agree with a dark suit, but I would wear a tie, since I agree that you can always take it off. For a nice shirt, I would look to some of Pink's offerings, since there are some tastefully-patterned shirts, some with modern slim cuts, in the line, and many have double/french cuffs, so you could wear an interesting pair of cufflinks, even if you don't wear a tie.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 08-18-2010, 08:48 AM

1,603 posts, read 3,249,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Avoiding making yourself look older and bad by picking something other than a white shirt is what you should do. White is outdated. Wearing it on black...hmm..pulp fiction or bible salesmen...Maybe good for halloween...

I don't see how gender affects anything here anymore than the income quotes.

Overdressing makes you look like a hayseed.

Armani Collezioni Colorblock Crewneck Sweater - Crewneck - Nordstrom (http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3101818/0~2376777~2374609~6020530~6020535?mediumthumbnail= Y&origin=category&searchtype=&pbo=6020535&P=1 - broken link)

That looks perfectly fine for a hotel. Its exactly what I am talking about.
I'm not even going to kid you - this is a great outfit! Stylish without looking like you're trying too hard. I agree if your climate isn't the best for the materials, use something like this as a guide if you will. Oh, and if you decide to go with jeans on bottom please for the love of all that is good and holy in the world please make sure you buy a pair that fit proper and is dark-wash.

If money is an issue try places like TJ Maxx and Target. They've gotten surprisingly stylish over the years.

Thumbs up Pitt Transplant for finding a perfectly good "look"

Old 08-18-2010, 01:00 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
Suit the clothig to the place of the reunion. We always have a more formal dinning and a more or less get together during the weekend of the reunion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty