Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 08:03 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,462,852 times

Advertisements

I'm sort of a guy's guy, at least an older one that is. I follow the code and rules of men. And, I have fallen into the role of father confessor to two generations of men on issues of marriage business and health. I have arranged maybe 30 bachelor parties and have accompanied more than a dozen friends to court at divorce time. I have the names and numbers of a couple of counselors and a psychiatrist on my phone list for referrals. So, i think I know a little about what guys care about and what they think about.

And, for the life of me I cannot figure out what guys would care to discuss girdles and Brazilian wax and Speedos and leg hair in the context of Fashion and Beauty. I'll I can conclude is that I have stumbled into a gays only forum (not that there is anything wrong with gays) and didn't know it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2010, 08:14 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,679,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson1010 View Post
I'm sort of a guy's guy, at least an older one that is. I follow the code and rules of men. And, I have fallen into the role of father confessor to two generations of men on issues of marriage business and health. I have arranged maybe 30 bachelor parties and have accompanied more than a dozen friends to court at divorce time. I have the names and numbers of a couple of counselors and a psychiatrist on my phone list for referrals. So, i think I know a little about what guys care about and what they think about.

And, for the life of me I cannot figure out what guys would care to discuss girdles and Brazilian wax and Speedos and leg hair in the context of Fashion and Beauty. I'll I can conclude is that I have stumbled into a gays only forum (not that there is anything wrong with gays) and didn't know it.
If it makes you uncomfortable, don't read the forum. Just because the men here don't fit into your archaic John Wayne mentality doesn't mean they're any less masculine than you.

Old 08-21-2010, 08:19 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,193,173 times
Don't blame the men responding here.. blame a changing society that is more open to men doing whatever they damn well please as long as it isn't hurting anyone. If some dude wants a Brazilian wax or wants to wear a Speedo, it's none of my business and I don't care as long as he isn't running around naked outside or something.

Old 08-21-2010, 08:34 AM

6,981 posts, read 10,943,271 times
Quote:

Some of us aren't so much discussing this stuff as trying to stand up for some semblance of the 'man code' as you call it. My posts have mainly been hitting back at people who say men should shave their legs, or stupid metrosexual stuff like that. I think the idea is absurd.

Old 08-21-2010, 09:31 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
Quote:

LOL. What you have stumbled onto is a WOMEN DOMINATED forum. Not a gay guys forum.

For example, in the men's girdle thread, its mostly women who responded with the exception of a few manly men who said that guys who wear girdles would get beaten up.

Also, in the thread where someone asked GUYS about what types decor in a female's home is a turnoff for us men, you'll see that its all women who respond with what they have in their home. You know how women are: "cluck cluck cluck, moo moo moo moo, cackle cackle cackle......" all the time.

Old 08-21-2010, 09:35 AM

6,981 posts, read 10,943,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
LOL. What you have stumbled onto is a WOMEN DOMINATED forum. Not a gay guys forum.

For example, in the men's girdle thread, its mostly women who responded with the exception of a few manly men who said that guys who wear girdles would get beaten up.

Also, in the thread where someone asked GUYS about what types decor in a female's home is a turnoff for us men, you'll see that its all women who respond with what they have in their home. You know how women are: "cluck cluck cluck, moo moo moo moo, cackle cackle cackle......" all the time.
Pretty much. I read a very limited amount of this stuff, mainly to laugh at the ridiculousness of some of the comments. And occasionally, I can't resist adding something to give a bit of the male perspective. But my participation here is very limited, and will remain so.

Old 08-21-2010, 10:10 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,675,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post

One of the funniest posts of all time.

And guaranteed to get you raked over the coals.

Old 08-21-2010, 10:21 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,901,361 times
Quote:

Can you please explain to me exactly what the bolded part of your post means? Exactly what is the "code and rules of men"? How old is "older"? I'm honestly curious.

Old 08-21-2010, 10:27 AM

4,627 posts, read 10,468,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
But my participation here is very limited, and will remain so.
Scared much?

Last edited by Wicked Felina; 08-21-2010 at 10:27 AM.. Reason: added

Old 08-21-2010, 10:42 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,608,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Felina View Post
Scared much?

LOL, I have noticed some back peddeling on here. Certainly by one that frequents the "women dominated forums".
Cluck Cluck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty