Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 10:36 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,116,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostlyharmless View Post
Wow this forum seems to have some good perspective. I wish I were this secure... and I'm pretty athletic. I hope it's part of the age... 20s seem to be a bad time for insecurity in general.
maybe it is age
I am a lot more confident in myself now (30) compared to my early 20's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2010, 10:41 PM

30 posts, read 46,492 times
That's good to hear. I often wish I had some older friends to offer me perspective, or at least tell me I'm not totally neurotic, just young and stupid haha.

Old 09-10-2010, 07:27 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,143,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Me too. As an emotional eater I cope with dark chocolate. It not only makes my skin break out at times but it does add weight. And the weight goes straight to my stomach. But I use exercise to keep me busy so everything balances out at the end.

I'm pretty satisfied with my features. I'm not short but I wish I was an inch or two taller though.
If I must eat to cope with stress, I"ve made it a point to have a bunch of fruits and plain, low-sugar around the house. It works really well!

Old 09-10-2010, 08:56 AM

2,058 posts, read 3,304,770 times
Quote:
That's good to hear. I often wish I had some older friends to offer me perspective, or at least tell me I'm not totally neurotic, just young and stupid haha.
You have a shortage of people telling you that?! I know lots of "older people" who enjoy telling me that all the time!

Old 09-13-2010, 07:47 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,801,723 times
Quote:
Wow this forum seems to have some good perspective. I wish I were this secure... and I'm pretty athletic. I hope it's part of the age... 20s seem to be a bad time for insecurity in general.
Yes, that is quite true. When I was in my 20's I failed to appreciate what I had and now that I no longer have it, I appreciate the little bit that Mama Nature left me. Anyway, you have lots of older friends--we're all here for you.

Old 12-23-2018, 09:19 AM

5,724 posts, read 7,485,113 times
No. I wish I had great style. Sigh!

Old 12-23-2018, 02:52 PM

892 posts, read 484,708 times
i wasn't raised to make a big deal out of them. Thanks, Mom!!

Old 12-24-2018, 09:48 PM

11,161 posts, read 7,967,013 times
Yup.... Happy as a clam.

Old 12-27-2018, 09:57 AM

20,394 posts, read 14,667,898 times
What I find odd, is that I have a number of flaws I can point to, that if I focus my attention on any one of them, it bothers me and makes me feel I am ugly. But if I take a step back and look at my overall self, I like what I see.

I've noticed since getting into the kink community (where people, and especially women, expose our bodies more than most people ever do) that even the most stunning, gorgeous women I know have some kind of issue with their body or looks. I do not know even one, not in person at least, who is completely satisfied and happy with everything about their appearance. This has also helped me to make peace with my own self-criticisms because I feel like...it's more in our minds than in reality, here. The things I think must be a big deal, don't really seem to be, to anyone else.

And I have also decided that my physical flaws are there to keep me from becoming an insufferably arrogant person and to force me to have a sense of humor about myself. (Mainly the brain tumor on my nose. You really can't take life too seriously if you have a brain tumor on your nose.)

Old 12-27-2018, 11:08 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,348,858 times
For me, my individual feature are sometimes OK looking to me, but they form a whole that is less than the sum of their parts. That sometimes baffles and troubles me.

Or as a woman told me once, in the process of graciously critiquing the sexual possibilities of the men who worked for her and were gathered together with the women who worked for her, "well at least you're tall".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty