U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2010, 12:19 AM

1,994 posts, read 2,851,700 times

Advertisements

Any other girls in their late 20s/early 30s have deep wrinkles under their eyes?

I have had them under mine for as long as I can remember – even looking back at my school photo when I was 14 I had a huge wrinkle under one of my eyes! It seems every girl I meet my age or, sadly, OLDER than me, doesn’t have nearly as many wrinkles as I do under my eyes and I just DON’T GET IT.

I use nothing but natural products on my face (oils) and wear sunscreen and sunglasses EVERY DAY. I tick all the right boxes, what am I doing so wrong???
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2010, 11:09 AM

7,369 posts, read 12,999,450 times
Do you have really fair skin? Most people with really fair skin - natural blonds & natural reds - start to wrinkle far earlier than everyone else.

Old 09-09-2010, 11:16 AM

1,603 posts, read 2,843,114 times
Sounds like maybe genetics. It sounds like you're doing all the right things otherwise.

Old 09-09-2010, 12:15 PM

8,415 posts, read 35,866,741 times
I don't see any mention of diet,smoking or medications? Most of the sun damage done (which is also 90% of the reason for wrinkling) occurs when you are a kid. A crease in your eye socket is not a wrinkle if you are talking about the natural fold under the eye.

Old 09-09-2010, 01:11 PM

1,034 posts, read 3,938,875 times
I have the same thing although I'm a redhead who has smoked off and on. I also have horribly acne-prone skin which means I'm constantly using products to clear my acne and dry my skin. Now at 35, I have adult acne and wrinkles together. But I look most to my dad for the blame. He has deep laugh-lines when he smiles or laughs. I have the exact same lines. They look great on a handsome, distinguished looking 68 year old male, not so great on a 35 year old female.

Old 09-09-2010, 02:27 PM

8,415 posts, read 35,866,741 times
Red - Have you tried Murad stuff? Its a lot less drying than most if it works for you. I usually can get away with using the drying ones unless I am having a terrible back to back breakout session then I mix the murad acne w/ the anti-age stuff from them

Old 09-09-2010, 03:23 PM

1,034 posts, read 3,938,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Red - Have you tried Murad stuff? Its a lot less drying than most if it works for you. I usually can get away with using the drying ones unless I am having a terrible back to back breakout session then I mix the murad acne w/ the anti-age stuff from them
Hi Pitt ~

I have tried the Murad line and didn't see much improvement, but I do continue to use their acne spot treatment (can't remember the name, but I seem to recall it having a little sulfur in it). Right now I am trying to transition over to a line called PCA. My challenge is that while I'm acne-prone and starting to show my age, I also want to use products with limited harmful chemicals. The problem is that most of the more "natural" products are not non-comedogenic (SP?). PCA does not use parabens in most of their products, which is great. The problem is that each product is about $26 so I have to buy them over time vs. just purchasing the whole line at once.

Old 09-09-2010, 05:49 PM

1,994 posts, read 2,851,700 times
Thanks for the responses everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Do you have really fair skin? Most people with really fair skin - natural blonds & natural reds - start to wrinkle far earlier than everyone else.

Yes, I am terribly fair.

Old 09-09-2010, 05:56 PM

27,002 posts, read 29,472,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
Any other girls in their late 20s/early 30s have deep wrinkles under their eyes?

I have had them under mine for as long as I can remember – even looking back at my school photo when I was 14 I had a huge wrinkle under one of my eyes! It seems every girl I meet my age or, sadly, OLDER than me, doesn’t have nearly as many wrinkles as I do under my eyes and I just DON’T GET IT.

I use nothing but natural products on my face (oils) and wear sunscreen and sunglasses EVERY DAY. I tick all the right boxes, what am I doing so wrong???
There's do doubt genetics play a role. But I think one of the biggest things people ignore is nutrition. It's all about staying away from processed foods, sugar, & smoking and eating more fruits & vegatables.

20 Foods That are Great for Your Skin

Old 09-10-2010, 08:12 PM

3,487 posts, read 6,483,119 times
Do you have allergies? It can cause undereye swelling/bags (allergic shiners) and ultimately wrinkles.

Sunscreen is often missed under the eyes. I guess your sunglasses should cover it.

How about moisturizing? It is one of the most dry areas.

I have no wrinkles (30s) and I use eye cream often. My face is also an oil slick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty