Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2010, 09:06 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times

Advertisements

I am looking for a belted chocolate brown cardigan but haven't been able to find the perfect sweater yet. I want buttons. I want hip length, not too long. I want a chunkier knit but not too bulky. Do any of you have any suggestions? I can spend about $50. I have a pretty wool skirt to wear with it, and some camel corduroys.I t has to be a darker brown because the skirt is camel, brown and red; the wrong golden brown won't match at all.

Also, hats. I almost never wear them, but I saw a cute hat in a catalog last night.

Clothes for Tall Women at Tall Girl | Tall Ladies Fashion Online

I thought about wearing this with charcoal trousers, a white button-up or shell, and this cardigan in light grey.

Clothes for women, men, kids and baby | Old Navy

What do you think? Trying too hard? I like the idea of hats but don't know if they're just weird. You don't see many people in hats around here. I just thought this one was very cute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2010, 09:03 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,551,038 times
I think the fedora is cute, but I'd have to see it on. Sometimes a hat I think is darling looks like crap when I put it on, or god forbid it doesn't fit on my big head and all my fluffy hair and just sits atop it like a derby.

I say buy it and if you don't like it you can return it, right?

I like the sweater.

Old 09-19-2010, 09:19 AM

Yes, I can return it. I just noticed there's a four-week wait for the thing! I'm impatient.

I am worried about the sizing, though. It's not like I have a fat head, but I am tall and just have bigger everything. Women's ball caps are often too tight across my forehead. At least the grey hat is from Long Tall Sally. I saw it on a model in their catalog and thought it was darling.

For half the price I can get a brown tweedy one.

Amazon.com: New Tweed Plaid Stingy Fedora Trilby Belt Hat Brown L/xl: Clothing

I think that might be a guy's hat. I don't know if that's a big deal.

Old 09-19-2010, 10:22 AM

11,865 posts, read 16,998,989 times
I think hats are hard to pull off for anyone - unless you're going to a ball game. It tends to look really put together and full of effort.

Btw, I loled when I saw the pic of these jeans:

Dark Denim Tall Jeans by Moto at Long Tall Sally With 37" Leg

Old 09-19-2010, 10:25 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
If you are dress up and there is snow on the ground in the city it looks good. And the sweater will do anytime.

Old 09-19-2010, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
I think hats are hard to pull off for anyone - unless you're going to a ball game. It tends to look really put together and full of effort.

Btw, I loled when I saw the pic of these jeans:

Dark Denim Tall Jeans by Moto at Long Tall Sally With 37" Leg
Hahaha ... those look like some crazy skinny legs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty