Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Women: How do you see yourself physically?
Plain 11 57.89%
Beautiful 8 42.11%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 01:13 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,947,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
My wife is smoking hot!! I mean, body, hair, face, style, everything. She only thinks of herself as being "pretty" which to me is like Bill Gates saying "I think I make just enough money to barely make ends meet".
I should add that I see LOTS of women who are both beautiful/sexy and fashionable. The fashionable part is easy because most women in the areas I frequent (see my location above) are very much into fashion and style. I have to also say that having a great sense of fashion and beautiful hair, WILL make a woman who is not very beautiful in most rights, appear to be stunningly and amazingly beautiful - its how you put together the entire package.

I feel so very lucky that my wife has it all. 5' 2" tall and 123 pounds. Small waist and flat stomach with super curvy/bubbly backside. She used to work for Ralph Lauren so she has what must be close to 50-75 Lauren suits that she wears for work. She knows she's sexy but really doesnt understand the magnitude of her sexiness. She thinks that she's no different than other Sherman Oaks, Woodland Hills, Studio City chicks because many of them are so beautiful and fashionable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2010, 06:26 AM

3,430 posts, read 4,334,752 times
Most husbands think their wives are beautiful/sexy. Love is blind.

Last edited by KylieEve; 09-30-2010 at 06:30 AM.. Reason: .

Old 09-30-2010, 06:52 AM

239 posts, read 894,913 times
The poll so far shows that most people see themselves as beautiful and not plain. In the real world most people are plain and fat especially in blue collar working class neighborhoods. Actually few people are truly beautiful.

Old 09-30-2010, 07:09 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,269,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Outcast View Post
The poll so far shows that most people see themselves as beautiful and not plain. In the real world most people are plain and fat especially in blue collar working class neighborhoods. Actually few people are truly beautiful.
I voted myself as "plain" even though my BF thinks I'm beautiful.

I'm brutally honest about my appearance. I have a plain face. It's OK.

Old 09-30-2010, 09:20 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,947,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
Most husbands think their wives are beautiful/sexy. Love is blind.
That is soooo true. Or at least it SHOULD be true.

But, just for the heck of it, I'll make my photo album public for a few hours just so you can see what Im talking about.

Old 09-30-2010, 12:03 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,090,875 times
Quote:
I should add that I see LOTS of women who are both beautiful/sexy and fashionable. The fashionable part is easy because most women in the areas I frequent (see my location above) are very much into fashion and style. I have to also say that having a great sense of fashion and beautiful hair, WILL make a woman who is not very beautiful in most rights, appear to be stunningly and amazingly beautiful - its how you put together the entire package.

I feel so very lucky that my wife has it all. 5' 2" tall and 123 pounds. Small waist and flat stomach with super curvy/bubbly backside. She used to work for Ralph Lauren so she has what must be close to 50-75 Lauren suits that she wears for work. She knows she's sexy but really doesnt understand the magnitude of her sexiness. She thinks that she's no different than other Sherman Oaks, Woodland Hills, Studio City chicks because many of them are so beautiful and fashionable.

She sounds very beautiful....

Old 09-30-2010, 12:14 PM

410 posts, read 514,992 times
I am just plain looking. Sometimes I get the motivation to deck out but usually just jogging pants and a sweater for me.

Old 09-30-2010, 12:14 PM

19,499 posts, read 9,528,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Outcast View Post
Maybe that's the self esteem issue previously mentioned that's kicking in?
Not everybody has it and then some have an abundance of it.
Were people messing by saying they were one when they were the other and vice versa? That's the problem with polls sometimes.

Old 09-30-2010, 12:53 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,639,083 times
There is a woman at my job who is a Naomi Campbell type. Not so much in features - but she is a very tall, thin African American woman who is dark-skinned with stunning, chiseled features, hair like Campbell and always, always, dresses to kill. I would not be surprised to hear that she was/is a model.

Old 09-30-2010, 01:01 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,639,083 times
Quote:
That is soooo true. Or at least it SHOULD be true.

But, just for the heck of it, I'll make my photo album public for a few hours just so you can see what Im talking about.

You have a beautiful wife and child, mi hermano. But you already know this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty