Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 04:30 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,875,771 times

Advertisements

Females should only wear granny panties on their heavy days. They also look best in low to mid rise panty briefs or boy shorts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2010, 11:14 AM

1,031 posts, read 2,447,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Do women not care about their pants being too tight anymore? Because if your trousers fit properly, you won't have panty lines, no matter what kind of panties you wear.
I think that form fitting pants are the only pants that fit properly on women. Form fitting pants from the waist to the top of the thighs also look best on large women because "extra" fabric will only make them look bigger than they actually are. Too tight just means that you're shoving too much into too little space. (Yoga pants are form fitting but oftentimes not "too tight.") Unfortunately, wearing form fitting pants means that bikini briefs will always be seen through what you're wearing. I can't think of any pants that are saggy or loose around the behind that look like they fit properly.

Old 10-13-2010, 11:59 AM

660 posts, read 1,397,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbluelandrover View Post
Never been able to tolerate thongs though. It's like a permanent wedgie.
Thongs can be very comfy. Try one size larger than you normally wear if the back part is an "issue".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Because if your trousers fit properly, you won't have panty lines, no matter what kind of panties you wear.
I absolutely disagree and some of the Women in my office are proof of that. You can't wear pants with a little bit of Spandex and a Granny Panty without showing lines.

Old 03-31-2011, 06:42 PM

420 posts, read 877,688 times
Ive always thought [fullback] panties looked sexier on women.
[I dont know what kinda panties my granny wore, thank God!]
I never liked tightie-whities. I prefer boxers.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:03 PM

665 posts, read 1,728,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Just go Commando!

Old 03-31-2011, 09:10 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,067,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
I took an accounting of my underwear after reading this thread. For the most part, I have almost all tighty whities because just about every day I am doing some type of exercise (kung fu, yoga, tai chi, running, weights, crossfit, etc.) so the support is needed. I do have a few pair of boxers that the wife bought for me, but for the most part, I use those as "pajamas" to sleep in. I dont like that boxers do not provide support but mostly because "things" can be seen through certain pants. Im not a big guy (31"-32" waist) with a somewhat flat stomach so that "certain part of my anatomy" seems to be quite prominent when wearing boxers. Makes me uncomfortable when out in public. The wife likes it because she knows women are looking. She's like "Oh yeah ladies, that is all mine"
The bolded parts are my husband to a "T". He would never wear boxers....he doesn't like that bunchy feeling and feeling like like he has to tuck his underwear into his pants. He has several pairs of boxers but he wears them to bed...tighty whities (actully I buy him dark colors) come off and the boxers go on at bedtime.

He likes the support of the briefs.

Personally, I prefer to wear tangas and cheeky panties. They are the most comfortable for me.

Old 03-31-2011, 10:26 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,953,056 times
I had to look up "tangas" because I never head of that word before. My wife has some of those, but mostly she's a g-string and thong wearer.

tangas - Google Search

Old 04-01-2011, 06:40 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,113,541 times
I like a nice, lacy thong... blue to match my vericose veins...how about you Father?

For watching TV and lounging I like my red boxers, Mother, but you know me after 8pm.... Commander Commando is my name!

Old 04-01-2011, 07:33 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,205,058 times
Gawd, I hope so. I hate panties that I have to keep on hiking up or down.

Old 04-01-2011, 07:41 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,067,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
I had to look up "tangas" because I never head of that word before. My wife has some of those, but mostly she's a g-string and thong wearer.

tangas - Google Search

Types Of Panties For Women In India
If you scroll down those Tangas are the style I was referring to. The google search you posted seems to have a lot of g-string/v-string styles shown. Mine aren't that skimpy.

And these are cheeky...other stores sell them too:

http://www.victoriassecret.com/ss/Sa...er&search=true

I know people say they prefer cotton, and while I do prefer that fabric on my skin, my knit dresses and skirts "cling" to the undies and don't fall right. I wear cotton undies with jeans/pants and typically satin-style undies with knits to avoid the cling.

Last edited by *Sixy*; 04-01-2011 at 08:10 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty